Usergroups
Somethings not right here...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Well I made a true archer (Master Bow, 40 dex, 25str, level 6) but when I got to the queen, I couldnt touch it. Im talking inches from her face. I dumped about 50 arrows I saw about 45 connect because I saw the queen recoil a bit, so I KNOW I was hitting, so I had to level up, throw some points in str (40)and sword (1h M)and take her out the old style...anyway.
Now Im reading posts and people saying they killed the Queen with 20 str and Orc Hammer and someone said they dropped her with Bullits Xbow.
Now, I may bend the rules, but I never break em. To cheat: Why even play the game (imo).
How you can kill the queen with Xbow and you not even trained...weird. How you had the skill to kill Bullit in chapter 1...weird.
Now I *know* where to find an Orc Hammer, but how you can survive to get it in chapter 2...weird.
So are these people cheating or I dont know this game as well as I should. I mean, if you want to cheat thats ok too, but Im just looking for a few non-standard ways to start up a new toon, not to magically have things that I couldnt possibly get on my own.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 6:17 pm
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

One need not cheat (though I am sure some do). One needs only focus on what one truly wishes to be good at. In your case (trying to be an archer), you need ONLY Dex - not strength and thus should focus on that to the exclusion of all else (until you have Dex to 100). With 100 Dex, your archery killing will be signifcantly easier.

Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 6:22 pm
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I survived getting the Orc Hammer that early because I went to the mine early and got the bone bow. The 36 damage for a bow that early in the game saved me a few times.
It takes patience and a lot of running, but it is possible to get those nasty blood hounds with the bow.
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 6:24 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

One of the characteristics of the Queen is her imunity to arrows
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 6:25 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

First, I don't cheat (at least not in games)and I didn't cheat then (I'm the above mentioned bolt/arrow queen killer ).

Secondly, I killed the crawler queen with either bolts or arrows (don't remember exactly which since it's been quite a while now). I did NOT, I repeat, NOT move into close combat range because I did it once and was instantly killed by one strike of her claws. It took me zillions of missiles, because only one in twenty or so did damage to her - it showed when she suddenly spurt a small amount of blood. She also cringed and squirmed when some of the other missiles hit, but she only lost hit points when she bled.

Thirdly, I killed Bullit without talking to him aforehand (having tried that before and failed), so I managed to squeeze off (and hit him with) three arrows before he even reacted (I stood in the door). And because I wasn't close enough he whipped out his crossbow instead of his sword and started to shoot back.
A tactical error, I'd say (aside from being a quite tragical error for him), because he didn't hit me once, the door frame being in the way.
Well, he took only five arrows. You see, the strength attribute wasn't needed for this feat (and yes, I had the bone bow at my disposal... no cheating involved there either).

[ This Message was edited by: Jaz on 2002-01-23 14:38 ]
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 8:35 pm
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

See - I told you cheating wasn't necessary.

Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 12:52 am
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I believe it is possible. For every 20 hits the damage will take a small toll.
Very time consuming and if you goof you have to start all over again.
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 7:02 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Damn!!!!!!!!
Now I want to restart and put no skill points into str at all
damn!
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:05 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:

On 2002-01-24 01:02, NecroDancer wrote:
I believe it is possible. For every 20 hits the damage will take a small toll.
Very time consuming and if you goof you have to start all over again.

Ohhh, I had to go and buy missiles somewhere in between starting to kill the queen and finally killing her !
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:28 pm
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

If you have a little training in 1h weapons, you can stand directly in front of the Queen and pound her without her touching you. Just like the Troll.
If you miss a beat she will hit you with her tentacles or whatever. Same as troll. It won't kill you, you can step back heal up and then step in again.
The queen is especialy easy beacuse she can't move side to side. It just takes a lot of whacks with the hammer.
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:06 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Yea, I ended up having to break down and spend points on 1-h, but now Im thinking if I'd just kept plugging away with the arrows...dang now I have 30 points into swords (bah).
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 2:01 pm