Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
A funny thing happened to me on the way to...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Northchild
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

A funny thing happened to me on the way to...

I was in caves near one of the first towns and got attacked by this monster that was apparently attacking via. status effects. I didn't die, but my strength ended up at 0. Being the fighter-type, and as this is my first romp through Morrowind, I had nothing to counteract this. I was too encumbered to move.

As it turns out, I defeated that monster, plus a number of others that rushed me. I had 7 potions of healing with me. When magic users finally had to close in, I ran them through. I couldn't rest, as there were still enemies nearby.

Eventually, I had to remove everything that I had, including clothes, and drop them to the ground. I wandered into the nearest town a humbler man, scavenging for gold in crates (I had none) enough or to find a restore strength potion, drinking temporary fixes when I could find them.

From noble hero to naked scavenger... who knew?
Post Thu May 09, 2002 4:59 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Hehe. Nice Story. Only thing sounded weird was how many monsters/enemies you said came..I've never seen that many monsters in one place..thats the biggest difference between MW and a game like mm6 (where hoards of monsters attack you)..
Post Thu May 09, 2002 5:03 am
Northchild
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I think that it was four total, maybe five, plus one or two that I couldn't see (therefore couldn't rest). The area that I was in was sort of a circular hallway and I had walked by a couple of enemies that didn't seem to notice me, but could have very well followed me after.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 5:07 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Ah 4 or 5 makes sense I had pictured 10 in my head or something..lol.

I do remember one place where I had 6 on me because I was trying to get my ass outta there and they were all after me..heh
Post Thu May 09, 2002 5:09 am
azombie
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've had 10-15 ravens all chasing me at one point before, it is possible. you may have gotten a disease that is probably what killed your strength. Any animal you fight (especially in the dust areas) has a chance of being either blighted or diseased. If you get hit there is a chance you can catch the disease or blight, which will cause massive loss in strength and other attributes. That's why you should always have a few cure disease or cure blight potions on hand.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 9:22 am

Well there's that, but theres also monsters that cast a spell on you that PERMANENTLY reduces a stat. The only way to get it back is to get a restore spell cast on you or potions of restore for whatever attribute you got drained. It sucks to get done with the fight and get that 'you are over-encumbered" message
Post Thu May 09, 2002 9:32 am