Members
Usergroups
Luck
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Perdition

Luck

To quote: Luck has an effect on everything you do, but governs no skills.

Okay, so what does this mean? Does this mean when I have a 1-25dmg sword that it is more likely to do 25 than 1 damage if my luck is high? Is this the same as spells? What about my enemies; Will the damage they do be lower?

If luck effects everything the character does, then it by far becomes the most pervasive attribute in comparison to the others.

Also, is there any way to get a x2 or more out of the multiplier for luck when a character gains a level?
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:18 am

Uruz
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

There is no way to get a multiplier on luck since it has no dependant skills to train. So leveling up luck is no small task.

It effects all your stats a bit. Meaning with 100 luck, you will do everything better than someone with 40(assuming identical skills). You will hit slightly more(probably more effective when tired) and dodge slightly better, cast spells with less error rate(and therefore learn faster too), enchant items with better success frequency, get slightly better deals on gear, etc...

The factor it increases chance by must be large enough to make a difference, but not small enough to be useless. It is a rather hard thing to test I'd say.

That's my theory anyways.

Edit: I don't know how much it would effect damage, but it probably does. I don't think it would increase your max damage, but probably make your average damage better.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:00 am
His Master's Voice
Village Leader
Village Leader

luck is simply a factor in everything that has a probability of more than one outcome. which includes:

trap disarming (higher success rate)
lock picking (higher success rate)
pickpocketing (less chance of them spotting you)
sneak-stealing (less chance of them spotting you)
spell casting (higher success rate)
item enchanting (higher success rate)
persuading (higher success rate)
bartering (lower rate of offer refusal. higher rate of respect going up while you barter. less chance of merchant recognising a stolen item)
defending (higher dodge/block rate)
magic resisting (higher resist rate and less chance of catching disease)
attacking (higher hit rate)
sleep interuption (less chance of being woken up by an enemy)
bounty (need a higher price on your head than normal for guards to chase you)
etc.

so when it says it affects everything you do, it aint wrong
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 3:26 pm
Sir Lawrence
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well, I can't add any technical advice to this, but I can relate my own experience. I started with Luck-40. Chose to drink from the Bitter Cup (love that +20 Strength!) and now my Luck=20. Played many hours past that and can't see any effect from the luck reduction.
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 11:51 am