erm, I hate to have to ask....
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
knutsack
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

erm, I hate to have to ask....

This will probably sound really stupid, but I can't figure out how to use the teleport runes. I have 4 now, and they are all assigned to the keyboard numbers as per the instruction manual, but when I press the corresponding number, I get the pretty blue particle effect, but my character just stands there waving his arms around like an untrained seal, and nothing happens. The manual goes no further than listing the keyboard numbers to activate them. Am I missing something here?? Should I be doing something else...why walk when I can teleport!! Thanks in advance for your time.
PS I did a search, but couldn't come up with the answer I need. Which buttons do I press to teleport?
Post Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:54 am
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

Oke here we go: Press action+forward....

Gothic II Credits
Post Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:00 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Also make sure that you enough mana to do the teleport. They all require 5 mana I think. If you are below that amount when you try to cast the spell, your character will just "go through the motions" as you described.
Post Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:10 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Simply left clicking works for me once I've called up the rune with a number key. Depends which set of controls you're using.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:57 am
Razil
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have the same problem. Could be because we not are mages ?.... Well really annoying to have to walk when i have the teleports. So if you find out, let me know what to do. I will do the same for you.,
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:58 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

First you need to highlight it in your inventory. Once it's highlighted, push the corresponding number on the top of your keyboard. When you push the number you should see your character hold his hands forward with a blue sparkle sort of effect. Make sure you've got enough mana. Push Ctrl+Forward Arrow and hold until you've teleported.

This may be different, depending on your current control scheme.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:47 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Here's another way to express the method, assuming you are using the default key configuration. In the following, [Left CTRL] means the CTRL key at the bottom left-hand corner of your keyboard.
  1. Open the inventory by pressing TAB
  2. Locate your desired teleport rune by pressing the navigational keys (i.e. arrow keys). Make sure the teleport destination is located in your "world", or you'll waste mana for no reason. e.g. Don't use "Teleport to Monastery" in the Valley of Mines.
  3. Press [Left CTRL] to highlight the rune.
  4. The rune should be highlighted in red, with a number on it. Remember this magic number.
  5. Close the inventory by pressing TAB again.
  6. Press the magic number on the keyboard. The numpad will not work. You'll see the hero in his magic position, with a blue light on his right hand.
  7. Keep in mind that each teleport requires 5 mana points. You may check if you have enough mana by pressing C to open up the stats screen. Press C again to close the screen.
  8. Now, press [Left CTRL]+↑. If you have enough mana, you'll be teleported to your desired place. With no mana, the hero will give you a body language, indicating that he does not have enough mana.

The reason why you can't teleport is most likely that you don't have enough mana. Originally, the hero has only 10 maximum mana points, and for non-mage characters, there is a penalty for upgrading your mana.

Hope you'll find both directions helpful.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:07 am
Razil
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks a million to all of you, now I can teleport. I belive i didnt push the forward arrow.. That was my mistake.

I apresiate the help.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:40 am