Mistmare available in the US
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Mistmare available in the US

Mistmare is now available in the US. Here's the press release: <br><blockquote><em>Mistmare makes its North America debut! <br> <br>Montreal, Quebec. July 3, 2003 –Strategy First and co-developers Sinister Systems and Arxel Tribe are happy to announce that Mistmare, a title that offers a unique blend of action, adventure and RPG elements has shipped to retail stores nation wide. <br> <br>“Mistmare takes gamers into a very different world,” says Steve Milburn, Director of Marketing for Strategy First. “The Dark Ages never ended and gamers will be faced with medieval weapons and magic with only their skills and intellect to help them survive.” <br> <br>The story goes… Isador, the inquisitor monk, is fighting his way across Europe, searching for a murderer the church has deemed the antichrist. But more than just cloudy skies stand in his way and the dense fog that protects the nation has become a Mistmare to be reckoned with. <br> <br>Mistmare is an addictive mix of action, adventure and RPG elements, shrouded in a veil of fog and excitement. Isador, a young monk, has been sent on a journey by the Church to find the leader of the Harvesters, a radical sect that is threatening the Church’s attempts at shielding Europe from the spread of the plague. Use an incredible arsenal of weapons and tools to fight off monsters and enemies as you search for the Harvesters and fight to protect Europe. <br> <br>Features <br> <br>Unique mix of action, adventure and RPG elements <br>Realistic weather effects <br>Elaborate time management taking into consideration time of day <br>Huge universe with vast number of unique locations <br>Interact with over 80 different characters <br>Huge arsenal of varied weapons and tools such as swords, axes and spells <br>A.I. is tailored to the player <br>Over 35 unique monsters with different features, models, specific A.I. and combat tactics <br> <br>Mistmare is co-developed by Sinister Systems and Arxel Tribe. To learn more about this game please visit its official website at http://mistmare.arxeltribe.com/ or our homepage at www.strategyfirst.com. Mistmare is rated T for Teen and has a price tag of $39.99 USD.</em></blockquote>Make sure you check our database for reviews of Mistmare.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:25 pm

Don't even consider buying it...

Warning to all gamers from the USA: Please note that this must be one of the worst RPGs ever reelased in history.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:26 pm

Garrett

oh my...someone is hyperbolizing here.

It is no great game really, but to call it the worst game ever...I'm sure, there's others
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:30 pm
PizzaDeliveryBoy

He was just making a statement to all serious rpgers.... "don't waste your money".
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:57 pm

corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

From the reviews I've read, Guest is VERY close to being correct!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:42 am
hoyp::.

I'd probably buy this game if it didn't use point and click combat or if the combat was turn-based.

It's too bad that many developers don't realize how lame real-time point & click combat is.
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 5:07 am

Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Well, Guest, 'bad' or 'good' mainly are matters of opinion. So even if in your opinion it's bad, others might like it.
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:38 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

I think I am mistaken here.

This is one of the few occasions where a game has some reviews out before it reaches the US. I just suggested to read them before deciding to buy the game. Yes, most of the reviews aen't too favorable - but that doesn't mean YOU will not like the game.

I played the demo and wasn't too impressed. But again: this is MY opinion, not yours .
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:23 am
methusala
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Play the demo and you'll see just how good the game is.I did. All of them,with all the patches.
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:17 am