Nice fight to sit and watch
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Nice fight to sit and watch

After taking Rosi to Onar's farm, I went back to Sekob and he attacked me, but he's immortal. I lead him back to Onar's, let him attack me, and all hell broke loose A few other "immortals", and Sekob were still going at it when I left hehe.

Now if I can just figure out how to trigger Chapter 6 with my Dragon Slayer character(lvl 35+. hvy ore dragon slayer, hvy drag. slayer armor, 100+% in both str and dex, 60+mana,everything but runes learned,40k+ gold, 35 LP's left). I've totally wiped out everything non-human in the oldworld and newworld areas. Talked to every NPC, but am not getting any dialog about the ship. I never got any quests from the merc camp about opening the main gate, which I had already done anyway. The only quests left are Bilgot's(he's already dead), Blood chalices(which I did'nt want to bother with, I have more LP's than I can spend), and The master thingy, which should climax in chap 6. No other quests are available from any one.

Any ideas?

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:23 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Several things come to mind:

Master thing? What's that?

To trigger Chap 6, you need to set sail on your ship.
To do this, you must accomplish a few other things as a Merc/Slayer:
1. Find a Captain.
2. Talk to Lee about how to get the Paladin's ship. He'll tell you to blackmail the judge into giving you a pass to have the ship for "an unlimited amount of time".
3. Go back to Lee with the Pass, and ask him if he wants to come along on your trip. Make sure he agrees.
4. Go to the Paladin's ship in Harbor City. Talk to Lee first, and then talk to your Captain. Your Captain will tell you to go to your quarters and have a nap.

Make sure to ask Lee to come along. I think you have to talk to him twice for this option.
And make sure you have a crew. Maximum is 10 crew members, including Captain. You're crew member 11.

There are 13 characters that you can potentially enlist. Choose wisley.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:45 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

problem being, I'm not getting anything outta Lee but training, which I'm max'd on. "Master thingy" is finding the dragon master. Last entry in log is way back about xardas.
*note, I have done the judge's quest bringing him the hammer, but only get "end" from him now.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:50 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

I think I know what's wrong.
You didn't do the Judge's second quest?

After you bring back his hammer, he's supposed to send you on an assassination mission.
Then you're supposed to become friendly with the guy you're supposed to kill. He gives you a note, then you take it to Lee. That's what you use to blackmail the Judge into giving you the ship.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:56 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

I had done that quest. I think I talked to Andre or Larius earlier and have possibly broken something. Lee said I had given him what he needed, but since, I've only gotten the training dialog. Over the past 4 hours I have talked to every NPC and exhausted every dialog option.

Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:30 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

After inserting alot of stuff, and basicly going thru hell, I got to chap6 and finished the game. It seems that even though I had opened the ship map, it did'nt get logged. After 3 tries, I finally heard the writing and I was good to go.

Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:09 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Congratulations
But if You haven`t yet, check todays news on RPGDOT - add on is suppose to hit Germany in August, so maybe in no time we will see what happened next.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:00 pm
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

DAMNIT! We in the US just got the orignal game and the germans are getting the addon! WTF! I hate JoWood, Atari, and all the others who made life hell while we all waited since November of LAST YEAR!!! The worst part of the whole thing is that in the US we won't get the "official" US version until AFTER germany gets the expansion! I had to order my copy from the UK. I HAVE NEVER, EVER HEARD OF SUCH A SNAFU!!!

Ok, I'm done ranting now...
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:16 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

In Poland G2 was published half April so we should have add-on somewhere around November. I hope our publisher CD Projekt will do better this time. Maybe now when Piranha Bytes have no more problems with their publisher and rights were passed to Atari - USA will get add-on quicker. I wish You and all american players for this to happen.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:28 pm