paying for enchanting
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Jaleigha
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

paying for enchanting

Anyone out there know who i can go to to enchant weapons and then trade expensive items with the enchanter to get my money back? I have read posts that say this can be done, but I can't seem to find anyone who retains the money I give them for enchanting. If there is someone specific that you are supposed to go to please let me know. Thanks

I play the xbox version so i thought maybe they just fixed this situation, but I hope not.
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:25 am
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

I've been to alot of enchanters and i still havent found one that stores his money. I play the x-box version to so maybe we'll have to wait for those PC players to give us an answer.
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:01 am
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

Playing on the PC. it seems to me that enchanters storing money is somewhat random. one time I can enchant something, and the enchanter keeps the money, next item I enchant at the same person he/she doesn´t have my money. My guess is they choose to put some of it in their own pockets, thus avoiding taxes and becoming rich as hell. Or something. Otherwise, it may be that the storing is a bug that can be exploited for gaining money. As it´s very hard to get money in the game, mayhaps the devs don´t want you to get rich, and the enchanting-storing is a bug that they fixed on the Xbox version...

CrossTopicBaner
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:20 pm
Jaleigha
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks, I'll keep trying and hope that it is random. Otherwise, what the heck am i gonna do with all this expensive but fairly useless loot?
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:25 pm
Glorfindel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I too have never had an enchanter keep any of the septims provided by me to enchant anything, but then I usually go to only one or two enchanters. Maybe I'll try to shop around to see if it is an enchanter specific thing, a random thing or, for me, a never thing.
Post Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:29 pm
Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Jaleigha
Thanks, I'll keep trying and hope that it is random. Otherwise, what the heck am i gonna do with all this expensive but fairly useless loot?

If you don't mind some form of legit cheating (if such thing exists
download the mod Zed the Merchant. He buys everything, has a million in cash ever 24hrs and enchants. I have'nt had a financial problem since.
Post Sat Jul 20, 2002 7:01 pm
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I thought that each merchant had a specific amount of money, their maximum. If they get more, or less, in 24 hours they return to their original amount of septums.
Post Sat Jul 20, 2002 7:59 pm
Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by FlipMoeJack
I thought that each merchant had a specific amount of money, their maximum. If they get more, or less, in 24 hours they return to their original amount of septums.

That's correct. Zed has 1,000,000 in cash. If you sell a lot of stuff to him, and wait for 24 hrs, he'll have 1 million again.
Post Sat Jul 20, 2002 11:55 pm