Members
Usergroups
soul trap - newbie - i know, i know...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
DM

Yep, you can buy it in a mage's guild. I don't recall which one though =/
I can only assure you that you CAN buy it. Prolly someone else remembers where.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 7:43 am

bolopunq
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

somehow i have this feeling that although ogrims are big their souls and minds are pretty much uncomplicated and small so my grand soul gem was good enough, it's just maybe i should've cast the soul trap really close to the monster.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 12:35 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Again~

Does anyone know WHERE to buy the spell? It's been said that it is at a mage's guild.....

There's a lot of mages guilds out there!

I have restarted (dumped my warrior) and am now playing through with a spellsword char (or is it swordspell??). So I'm looking for this spell!
Post Thu May 16, 2002 12:51 pm
Shalwin

You buy the soul trap spell from the lady that transports you in the Balmora mages guild. If you transport there, you shouldn't have to take more than a couple of steps (if even that) to talk to her.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong trying to capture the sould of a golden saint? I keep a soul trap spell on the golden saint (it's a pain cause they stop to dispel it every now and again) and I've even made the few final killing blows with me soul drinker dagger. No soul. I also tried with a Dremora lord (though I have to summon up some astronachs to help dispatch him.

I was wondering if there was a soul gem larger than the grand one? Perhaps there is some sort of bug not letting the game realize it is in my inventory? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 1:29 pm

MasterWizard

Soul Gem choices

I always carry Grand Soul Gems and whatever the purple (flowers looking) ones are called. The soul will go into the smallest gem that it can fit into. Ogrims dont fit into the Grand, but when I've trapped Atronachs, they go into the purple ones.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 1:45 pm

bolopunq
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

omg, so the souls are size related???? you mean that i would have to get a soul gem the size of a fat boulder to get this sucker in it? seems to me that the perfect soul to trap would be of a really nasty and tough to beat monster the size of a rat.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 5:07 pm
DM
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Once and for all the "flowerish" gems are greater soulgems =)
And yeah, size does matter, but I haven't seen any bigger than that round, yellow one, the grand soulgem or whatever...

uh, gotta go try an' catch me some souls, got the spell and all...
Post Thu May 16, 2002 5:35 pm
MasterWizaed

Soul Gem choices

The smallest soul gem that the creature can fit into will automatically be used.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 5:41 pm

yeesh
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Wabbit
What I have been trying to figure out is what monster to trap in the blue (lesser) gems. I trap rats, nix hounds, agits, cliff racers, and skeletons in the petty (white) gems, and I trap flame and frost astronauts and bonelords in the common (teardrop white) gems, but what fits good in the blue ones???? I could trap skeletons in those too but it seems like a waste.

Throw a bull ntech into a blue one, an easy kill worth a grand. I have no clue why anyone would need an editor to get money in this game...
Post Thu May 16, 2002 9:06 pm
Shalwin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Are there any merchants in the game that have a renewable supply of soul gems? I don't have a problem capturing souls (except from powerful creatures... still haven't figured out why they don't go into my grans soul gem), but I haven't found anyplace that has a constant supply of them.

I'd like to work on enchanting, but the number of soul gems I can find is quite limited.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 9:18 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2