Question about herbs
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Vizzini123
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Question about herbs

I am in chapter 2 and have a few King Sorrell's, Goblin berries and dragonroots. Should I be eating these things or saving them for alchemy?

For alchemy, when will I learn the stat boosting potions? I now know the 50 and 70 hit point heal potions and can learn the speed potion (not bothering with the mana). What other potions do I have to learn in order to get the stat boosting ones?

Also, not related, but is there a point to 2Handed weapons? The best 2Handed I have found is a 40 dam paladins sword. It is sickeing how many 1handed weapons I have seen that are equal damage. So whats the point? 2handed do the same damage but are just slower.

Thanks
Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:20 pm
Pladio
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

From what i've heard it's better to keep the king's sorrel and both of the other two herbs for permanent potions
Normally if u learn potions at one achemist he will teach u his permaent potion but i think it's sagitta or constantino that can teach you all potions !!!
I think u just ain't looking good for 2handed weapons cause i'm playing in chapter 1 and i've found two two-handers with over 40 damage and one one handed with 50 damage that requires 50 dexterity (very special).
so or u rushed or u just ain't looking !!!
Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:38 pm
Vizzini123
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok thanks,

btw just found a mace and chain (one handedx 45 dam) and a sword called orc slayer (65 damage! one handed) grrrrrr

I read about a real good two handed but when I went to the mine where it is held I got my ass handed to me. 3 skeletons or something like that.
Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:54 pm
Pikkon
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief
A Hadou Master And A Skilled Thief

You can start learning alchemy right now... you must learn the basics first before making parement potions.. you need to know et least 1 potion so constentino will teach you... the alchemist in the lower part of town (not constentino... i dont remember his name.. or from saggita but you must first find the sun alow... (near black troll but you dont need to fight him...) and than she will teach you... you must first learn all 3 health potions or mana potions to be able to make paremant potions.. you can learn str. potion from constentino and dex potions from saggita. you can alsow learn elixire of life and elixire or spirit... (elixir of life :+15 to life paremant, elixire of spirit:+10 to mana parment..)but to make these potions you first need to learn all 3 mana or health potions: to learn how to make elixire of spirit you need to know all 3 mana potions, but to make elixire of life you need to know how to make all health potions...
if you picklock pickpocket and use bow/crossbow make dex potions.. if you dont do these stuff dont make dex potions cost king sorrol is rare...
Post Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:54 pm