Stone piercing/spike room
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Stone piercing/spike room

Ok, I have read quite a few of the topics on this and I am now more confused than ever. I have pierced the two other stones. When I came upon them they said 'temple stone" or something. In the room with the spikes in the floor I see a "temple stone" that is somewhat purple in color and looks like it should be the one to pierce, yet it flshes nothing. No name or anything. Please, can someone tell me where the stone is or where there is a map to show me.

TIA ~T
Post Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:46 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Map of Sleeper Temple: here.
Post Mon Jul 29, 2002 5:51 am
Vilgefortz the mage
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

You can't pierce the purple ones - only those white.

=Member of the RPGDot Warriors=
=Member of the Worshipers of the Written World=
=Member of the RPGDot Shadows=
=Loyal mage of the Alliance of Middle-Earth=
=Member of the Sixth House=
=Member of the Gothic Novel Writers=
=Member of the Nonflamers' Guild=
Post Mon Jul 29, 2002 7:18 am
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Yep... that purple one was just to fool you.

If you're looking to get out of the room... there's a button somewhere. But it could get a tad spikey!
Post Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:46 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Ok, so not the purple one..................Then where's the white one? Is it in the same room?

Thanks for the map Jaz! I'll go peek at it now.
Post Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:19 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, if you're talking about the red room (as marked on the map by Jaz), then you have to shoot the two target stones on the wall near the ceiling. That will close and spike the room (hopefully you were outside). Then it will open the wall opposite the targets. Inside the wall that opened, there will be a hole with the third target.

On the other hand, if you're talking about the switch stones (the ones you have to "use" to turn) then you will find the correct sequence in the first room between the two gates. Both "three stone rooms" have the same sequence and if you fubar the sequence you have to reload (at least I did).
Post Tue Jul 30, 2002 2:40 am
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've never really hit the top stone, only the bottom one to deal with the spikes.

~T
Post Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:46 am
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Ok, I must be missing something. I have started over again and again and I can't find the stone to pierce.

I have defeated Varrag Hashor and piecred that stone.

I have defeated Varrog Unhilt and have still found no stone to pierce. The only stone there is is that purple one. I have followed the walkthrough by Jemy and I am lost. I went down into the spike room, looted the bodies, opened the gate back up, shot the square with the arrow and I still cannot find the temple stone. Is it in the same room? Someone mentioned a room opening up and it's in there. Where is that? I know I am missing something silly but that's why O tried the walkthrough and it showed me nothing different than I have done.

Tomorrow will make day three for trying to find this silly thing.

Please help. Any specific details will help me. The map helped, the walkthrough helped but the stone is nowhere to be found. (Well, other than that purple one, of course.)

Sorry to have become a pain. I got pretty far without needing your assistance. LOL

TIA ~T
Post Tue Jul 30, 2002 6:22 am
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

What's this obsession with a piercing stone?

Are you stuck somewhere? Is a barrier or something blocking your advancement?
Post Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:43 pm
Gothic7
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

in the room, there is a hole with spikes in it, disable them and go push the switch on the statue, and the door will open up, then just go on.
Post Tue Jul 30, 2002 5:10 pm
Vilgefortz the mage
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Look.. you will find a button in the red room. Press it. Then get outside and shoot a rock in the wall (pointed by a drawed bowman). When the red room re - open, find a second stone (go left, than turn left) see it. Do the same (shot it). Another room will open. Use the switches in an certain order, then the gate should open.

=Member of the RPGDot Warriors=
=Member of the Worshipers of the Written World=
=Member of the RPGDot Shadows=
=Loyal mage of the Alliance of Middle-Earth=
=Member of the Sixth House=
=Member of the Gothic Novel Writers=
=Member of the Nonflamers' Guild=
Post Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:18 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

I think we are all talking about a different thing. I believe you are talking about a small crypt that you enter that has a coffin and 4 mummies. You loot mummies and then you press the button on top of the coffin. That will open the door. Then you just climb out of the crypt normally (like you would climb up a wall) and exit the room. Or something like that. You will still need to use the hole in the ground to open the area once you kill the undead shaman.
Post Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:01 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

I just thought there was a temple stone in that room. Not the mummy room, the room that has the purple stone. I guess there isn't one in that room so I'll move on. I'll figure it out.

Sorry.
Post Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:47 pm