Weapons disappearing for NO REASON?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
burningice08
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Weapons disappearing for NO REASON?

I'm in level 3 near the entrance of the troll mines and am ready to go to level 2 to the caves and then to the human city of Arx. I have 3 short swords with me before i enter the caves, but after i enter and it loads i look into my inventory and 2 are gone. I also tried dropping 2 back in level 3 and then going into the caves, but still 2 get deleted/disappear. Is this a bug or is it that i can't have copies of the same types of weapons? Also, while wondering around Human City my last short sword gets stolen/lost. what the heck? NPC's steal? Plz help...thank you.
Post Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:43 pm
Silvayn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well...

I played Arx some time ago... but I don't remember my stuff ever disappear. However I think that once or twice, the inventory got "reshuffled" upon loading (items which were placed in left corner were in right, etc). There shouldn't be any problem with ludging copies of the same item, too.

The only way I can think of (for an item to disappear), is to wear it down till it pulverizes (at least I assume it disappears, I never let that happen and repaired my items)... but yours disappeared from inventory, so it's a different story.

Well, my advice is to make sure you have the latest patch and maybe consider starting a new game to see if it happens again (are you far in the game? i don't remember
Post Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:10 pm
burningice08
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah, i know about the reshuffling...and i know they weren't place somewhere else. Also, i'm sure i have the latest patch (1.17). I also know about how weapons disappear if they break, but they all had durability left and i didn't fight at all. Also, not too far into the game...just finished part 1 (after helping the king clear the pathway by asking the Trolls for help).
Post Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:22 pm
Morahn
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I lost short swords out of my inventory too. It pissed me off and I kept restarting my game. I finally just went on and found better weapons.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:57 pm
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I had something similar happen to me as well, where I dropped 3 swords in a pile at a specific location because my inventory was getting full. When I came back later to get them, there were only 2 swords to be found! Loaded an earlier saved game, went back to the pile, sure enough there were 3 swords there again. Hmm. There are definitely bugs in the game that were never squashed that are causing items to occasionally disappear.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:10 pm