View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Draugluin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Questions about slight boosters

Hello, everyone!

I am little curious how much one can upgrade his stats with other methods than just spending LP and use potions.

When you eat for example apples in-a-row you eventually (after 25 pieces, if my memory doesn't lapse) gain +1 to strength. However, when doing other character (a Fire Mage) I ate Dark Mushrooms to get that +10 to mana.

Now back to my 1st character... I ate those 25 apples while gathering more and more mushrooms (for no significant reason, maybe just because then I can teleport more without eating fire-plants). Then I noticed I had to eat 50 Mushrooms, instead of 25. This made curious and I thought perhaps eating 50 apples AFTER those 25 I can get another +1 to strength, but nothing happened.

So is it one-time bonus you can get from each consumable item in the game? Since you can get your strength pretty high in Chapter 1 (90 at least can be learned and then using the other methods) and Rubert sells 5 apples every now and then I just thought if it is possible to get "unlimited" strength by just learning strength, then using potions and praying on shrines and then having nothing but just apples for dinner (poor character, I feel rather sorry for them, they ALWAYS need to do things I wouldn't do at any cost IRL, hehe)

Well, actually it won't be unlimited effect, since you eventually run out of money for there are no random encounters - which is good for enjoying the game and bad for all those "Need to have limitless game". I realise the "cap" in learning points and I would obtain required strength points by other means, if possible.

By the way, I have found way to increase my weapon skills up to 90%, where can I pick-up the rest 10%? I have noticed people usually prefer to rather lower skills, but I love speed in combat, which helps also making better timing of attacks. A well-timed critical hit does approximately the same damage as those "ox-characters" do with 200+ strength.

Thanks in advance!
Take care,
Draugluin
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:46 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

In the upper quorters of city of korinis there is a citizen who trades special items.He has two books for 5.000 gold each if you read both of them you get +5 strenght.Also Orcish Colonels have a ring wich drops your strenght 20 points down.So if you have 100 strenght put it on and you are droped down to 80 strenght then go and level up your streng back to 100.Then put off the ring and KAZOOM 120 strenght!!!!I 'll edit if something else drops to my mind see you untill then and welcome to the forum.
HEhe something droped to my mind:you can also pray to shrines for high prices and you will get some permant results(mana,strenght I cant remember)
ohhhsomething else:you can eat some herbs or a special meal(you get it from a woman at the Onars farm if you comlpete a mission) if you want to level up strenght and mana or you can learn alchemist and make potions with the herbs.Also (in another mission regarding the monastery) you if you deliver some items to an alchemist he makes you a special potion which gives you +15 or +18 strenght (cant remember its name),
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:53 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I got a few extra hitpoints for praying at a roadside shrine once.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:55 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

You can pray and donate 100 gp to shrines up to ten times, bonuses appear to be random. Mages tend to get 4 mana, paladins get 8 hp or 2 str or 2 dex, mercenaries get 4 hp or 1 str or 1 dex. Non guild is same as merc. Best to save before praying. Also, pray once per game day. Any more will just be a waste.

As for swords. Hagen teaches 2H 90-100 for paladins, Lee for mercs. If you buy those books btb was talking about wait to use them til after you have trained to max. 1H 90-100 don't know, unless it's the same guys, except in ch 6, plenty of the people you can take will teach then. Never trained 1H past 60.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:55 am
Draugluin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks, everyone.

I've noticed too the great possibility to get +4 max. mana while being a Fire Mage at the shrines.

Then I found the guy to improve the 1H up to 100%. Guess he will do 2H all the same, but not yet confirmed that. The only drawback there is he will not appear until in Chapter four (A Dragon Hunter near the icy part, cannot recall if he were at the Valley, when Ch. 4 started). But the 90% will do just great in Chapter One.

Now I'm building up a third character. Guildless and level 10. The plan was make him to be different paladin, using mainly bows. Now I can kill Wargs and Lizards with a single shot, Snappers still require 2 shots and I need to "lure" one Snapper from a pack and retreat before the shooting starts.

The idea of doing a real cutthroat-paladin (hehe) by having pickpocketing, great marksmanship and paladin runes faced a dead-end, I'm afraid. While have been reading those topics about the Thieves' Guild I am still rather confused.

I didn't turn Rengaru in, instead claimed the gold from him. I did the Baltram's package to inn. Then after reading few posts here I went to Akil's farm, took the road to the lighthouse and killed the bandits out there, inspected the fish and talked to Halvor (the fish-dealer, maybe I don't have his name there correctly). He offered me one-time bonus of four special fishes, but that's it.

Are there another bandit lairs with similiar fishes? I tried to make my way forth the road, but the resistance came way too much for this character to withstand. I wasn't sure if I hit the correct lair, because my DragonHunter swept those places blindfolded and found a cave with the fish, but it didn't look the same I recently visited.

Oh, and one more thing that I cannot remember... Does the Raoul's interest rise in Black Troll's hide only after Sentenza has been beaten up? Or is it the quest only for mercenaries?

Thanks again, in advance!
Take care,
Draugluin
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:38 am
Furious_Templar
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

After completing brazen thief and bandit raids quests go to PegLeg tavern.
Kardif will tell you about a person looking for you.Then you can go and meet him behind Halvor's shop.
If Kardif doesn't tell you anything then you have to complete the false messenger quest(talk to Nagur-behind Kardif) and return to see Kardif again.

I think you can join thieves after just one completed quest.
Every time I joined them was after reporting Rengaru,without any other quest related to thieves guild.

If you did quests in thieves favour, Attille(person looking for you)will give you key to sewers and +300xp,if not(+50xp) just kill him and take the key.

Raoul can give you black troll hide quest only if you have a guild(it doesn't matter if you are a mage,merc or paladin).
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:09 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

You have to complete all 3 quests to be invited to join thieves.

Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:40 pm
Furious_Templar
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by jmurdock
You have to complete all 3 quests to be invited to join thieves.

Every time I played the game I just reported Rengaru and Attille would tell me that I reported him,thieves guild see me as a threat and that I must die.
Without doing any other quest.
Try if you don't belive me.
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:13 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

You only have to turn in Rengaru to be put in contact with Atille, but you have to kill Atille to get the key. But, if Atille GIVES you the key (invites you), Halvor will buy your old silver.

Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:22 pm
Furious_Templar
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by jmurdock
You only have to turn in Rengaru to be put in contact with Atille, but you have to kill Atille to get the key. But, if Atille GIVES you the key (invites you), Halvor will buy your old silver.

If you kill Attillle,talk to Jesper and tell him you want to see his boss he will take you to Cassia.She will tell you that she is impressed of you killing Attille and that if you want you can join them.
And then after completing constantino's ring you are full member of thieves guild(like you never even reported Rengaru, only you can't get +2 dexterity from him after showing secret headshake).
And after completing bandit raids you can sell your silver to Halvor.
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:38 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

I never got that option unless invited by Atille. I must have done something wrong. **sigh**

Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:55 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I pretended to join the guild after killing Attile and getting key, then turned in the ones in sewers but not Halvor and he is still buying my silver items even into chapter 2 and VoM quests in progress. If you do the secret handshake with all of them before turning anyone in you can leave Halvor to buy your silver for better price, and get all of the lockpicks from Kardif.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:58 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

eating a certain amout of stews gives you +1 str

Members of the Order (Knights/Paladins) get double stat increases for their 100 donations (+2 str/ +4 Dex or +8 Mana)

Coragon gives you special beer (+1 or +2 to mana) if you:
Beat up Valentino, tell Regis, then give the ring to Coragon or
Giving him Lehmars ledger of debts or
returning his silver to him that the thieves guild stole from him

Tekla gives you special stew (+3 to soemthing) when you:
Beat up bullco and another one when you
get her ingredients from Sagitta

Apples, got covered already

there are others but its late and Im groggy
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:09 pm