Usergroups
Can you beat the game with XBow?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Ok, so after finishing the game with swordsmen 2x, I decided to try a pure archer.
1st off, its not like playing swords. Just to find enough arrows, then to find a good bow... but the good thing...seems everywhere there are monsters, you will find a perch so the game is archer friendly.
Anyway, can you kill the final bad guys with a non magical weapon (XBow of War) or does it have to be Uriziel or its Rune?
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 2:13 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Some of 5 smahans and certainly 5th shaman cannot be killed with crossbow...
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 2:15 pm

I think you can't. You can kill Cor Calom and his pals only with Uzriel.
If you beat this game you must understand that.
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 2:16 pm

wesmjohn
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

I wouldn't want to go up against Apocalyptic Templars or Obsessed Novices with just a crossbow--they're completely immune to any weapon but Uriziel. (Tested)
As for Demon Lords, they may be vulnerable to bolts or arrows, but I STILL wouldn't want to fight them with a bow.

If you're really that specialized with a bow at this point, I'd have to say you need to talk to Diego again--for the FIRST time!
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 2:20 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Hmmm, 65 Dex, 30 Str Master of Bow and 1H.
Well damn, if Uriziel or its Rune are the only things that can kill the final monsters, I better start looking to go mage then...Sword is too easy of a finish after beating it twice...or maybe I'm so DEXed out now that I've gimped myself.
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 4:26 pm
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

[quote]
On 2002-01-22 08:20, wesmjohn wrote:
I wouldn't want to go up against Apocalyptic Templars or Obsessed Novices with just a crossbow--they're completely immune to any weapon but Uriziel. (Tested)

Not true - you did about the same quality of testing the developer did . I found my regular 2H axe did just fine against the Obsessed Novices and Apocalyptic Templars.

Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 9:01 pm
method
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i couldnt damage cor khalom with 140 dex, mastered xbow, and xbow of war at all.
i had to use my uriziel.
the first time i killed cor khalom i didnt even see him. i had a horde of skeletons beinhd me (4 armies of darkness) and i didnt really get to see much after that (just put the swords in and went to cut scenes)
the second time, i found out khalom gave 10k exp and the novices hurt
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 4:13 am
wesmjohn
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

[quote]
On 2002-01-22 15:01, Joey Nipps wrote:
[quote]
On 2002-01-22 08:20, wesmjohn wrote:

I have tried every two-handed weapon I had on the Apocalyptic Templars, including a Revenge Steel sword at over 100 strength and 2H sword mastery, and the guys weren't so much as SCRATCHED.

This isn't worth getting into a big argument over, but I can't help but wonder why this was different for the two of us. Maybe they're invulnerable until you come back after recharging Uriziel, because I SURE couldn't hurt them before then and don't think I was able to after then, either.

[ This Message was edited by: wesmjohn on 2002-01-23 09:40 ]
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 3:39 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

quote:

On 2002-01-22 22:13, method wrote:
i couldnt damage cor khalom with 140 dex, mastered xbow, and xbow of war at all.
i had to use my uriziel.
the first time i killed cor khalom i didnt even see him. i had a horde of skeletons beinhd me (4 armies of darkness) and i didnt really get to see much after that (just put the swords in and went to cut scenes)
the second time, i found out khalom gave 10k exp and the novices hurt

There it is, thats the answer I was looking for, thanks bud. My only hope was that maybe the XBow o War would do the trick if you mastered Xbow...Oh well, so much for that game, I dont even want to finish it now
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 5:31 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

lol man why not kill the all monsters/people/enemys with Crossbows and after you find someone that you cant kill get unritziel and kill it with it
Post Wed Jan 23, 2002 5:57 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

cuz my stats, Im true archer, str is very very weak.
Also, not sure if I can be 4XMaster of skills and 6th circle mage AND have the amt of str needed to use sword and still have a high level of Dex for Xbow of War
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:31 pm