Usergroups
Can't seem to make any progress in chapter 1
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Necessary_3vil
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok, I'm trying to join the old camp, but there are two quests I can't complete. They both involve fighting somebody, one in the pits and the other that mordrag fellow. But not mattter how hard I try I can't even come close to beating either of these guys. I've bought the best sword I could find, but it's only 20 damage which most of the time doesn't even scratch these guys. Also they can kill me in 3 or 4 hits, how the hell am I supposed to do this, the shopkeeps won't sell me any better weaponry or armor. Can I get a two handed weapon or something that would help, I'm tired of trying to kill stuff with these worthless kniting needles they sell me.
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 1:19 am
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

No problem. If you wait till your stronger you may be able to defeat Kirgo. But Karihm is very tough.
After you challenge either(both), go to arena and get your butt kicked, it's ok.(better drop your ore in that dark are near arena)(some say not to challenge Kirgo till later, just Karim)
Then go to Scatty and tell him what you did.
He will tell you something.. Then go to Diego and ask about your esteem withing the camp.

[ This Message was edited by: NecroDancer on 2002-01-03 19:52 ]
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 1:45 am

You do not have to fight Mordrag to pass test. Maybe you can get him to take you to new camp. This way Thorus will be happy he's not there and give you his vote.
But if you are strong enough, kill him for better experience.
In the demo I killed him 10 times, I choose not to kill him now that I have full version.
By letting him live, Mordrag may be able to help you later on down the road.
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 1:49 am

Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2002-01-03 19:19, Necessary_3vil wrote:
Can I get a two handed weapon or something that would help, I'm tired of trying to kill stuff with these worthless kniting needles they sell me.

You can forget about a two-handed sword for a long, long time. You have to be taught how to use one before you can use one. You should have found two adequate swords on your way to the Old Camp.
It really doesn't take that long to level-up in the game so keep plugging away

[ This Message was edited by: Max Killen on 2002-01-03 20:03 ]
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 2:02 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

There are much more quests...
Just go around Old Camp, speak with everyone with specific name (avoid Mud...) and think about what you are saing to them.
And there will be some quests, where you do not need to fight, or you can avoid fighting if you want to...
Look here, this is topic about similar question and I dont want to write it all again.

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1463&forum=2&3

Good luck
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 8:52 am