?Gorasul?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

?Gorasul?

I need some people opinion about Gorasul(mostly people who played it), I’m planing to buy it so I have some time to kill before Lionheart release, but I’m not completely sure if it is worth even considering? Some time ago there was a topic about it, but it wasn’t too many responses. Also I don’t believe in reviews, since mostly I disagree with them . I know there was a demo of the game but to tell you the truth I forgot if I liked.
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:44 am
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

I found it to be mind-numbingly boring because of the combat.

But that's just me.
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:26 am
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

I see you are a man of few words , can you give some more info about quests, NPC interactions, what you didn’t like about the combat system and could you compare all these to other RPGs
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:03 am
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

In the beggining, the combat in the game is just hack and slash, all you do is click, but once you get a few members it becomes a little bit better. The quests in the game aren't all that bad, because they are actually quite varied, but the problem is that there are very few quests and it is a VERY short game (about 12 hours ). The npc's are sometimes interesting but the interaction is quite limited. I would compare it to IE games, except that it's short and quite frankly, inferior in almost all ways.
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:14 am
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

So in short its short, hmm… I guess I have to spend some more time on pogo site.

Thanks man.
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:23 am
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

No problem
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:30 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I tried Gorasul, well it had beautiful intro-song.
That is nearly all that was beautiful or nice in this game. My opinion is that it was really boring and badly done piece, but just my opinion.
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:35 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

All I know about it is its somewhere near the very bottom of the rpg dot top 100.
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:35 am
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I wouldn't bother

I thought Gorasul was pretty weak in general. I don't know what you've played, but if you haven't tried System Shock 2, I'd get that one. Might and Magic 7 and Planescape are also somewhat obscure, but fun. I'd avoid Gorasul, but that's just my opinion.
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:33 pm
Lannister
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Don`t buy it !

I hungered for the game in the beginning due to being a big fan of isometric games but boy was I disappointed when playing. The game is extremely short, i didn`t even achieve the 12 hours mentioned. For me it was over after 6 !!! Hours all of a sudden.
I`d recommend playing other games till LH comes out

L.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:26 am