Combat vs Magick vs Stealth
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Combat vs Magick vs Stealth

Whice kind of characted do you think is most fun to play?

I always like to play as a warrior, but when i reached level 30 or something, it was pretty boring. Maybe there should be some more weapons...

Now im playing as a mage, its cool! There is ALOT of spells, making it not that boring after awhile, but im only level 17.

I haven't tried playing a Stealth character, it seems to be pretty hard.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 4:07 pm
nate242

I play as a stealth character and it's pretty fun. When exploring caves/tombs I just sneak right up to the npc's and give 'em good chop with my megabane; that normally takes 'em down in one hit, most I think was maybe 3. If I get detected it is much harder because I only have 200 hit points so I can go down fast. I also sneak with my bows can get by almost completely untouched. I know if I get cornered by a couple of goons my health goes away really fast and I'm lucky to survive; sneaking definently makes the game interesting.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 8:48 pm

REDF0X

So does stealing, I love running right behind a merchant, unlocking his inventory chest, then stealing all the good stuff. Its fun to be bad sometimes.

I'm also enjoying my enchanter char though I don't agree with the pricing for enchanted items because often I could sell the soulstone for more than the final enchanted object. And you seem to recieve the soul trap spell alot later in the game than I would like (unless I missed it early on). But he's not mana dependant, and I don't have to collect/manage regeants for potions. Plus all my stuff shimmers (I actually wish there were different spell affects for different enchantments, instead of different colors of shimmer)
Post Thu May 30, 2002 1:51 am

Lawnmower
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

OT: Soul Trap

For Soul Trap, talk to Guild Guide in Balmora Mages Guild.

Grand Soul Gem: $200
Soul Trap Spell: $63
Constant Effect Enchantments: Priceless

Don't do drugs. Pick one and stick with it.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 2:13 am
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

Playing stealth is fun! When you get a high sneak skill you can go through a whole dungeon without ever being detected. I did the corprusarium dungeon without even using a single invisibility potion so I wouldn't be attacked, and I never got detected. Did it with one hand behind my back If it gets too hot for my taste, or when I get cornered by too many foes at once, I pull out my thrusty Jinksword, paralyse them one after the other, drink an invisibility potion, and get the hell out of there posthaste. Then I wait a little and go back to try and pick them off one by one. Good fun
Post Thu May 30, 2002 3:06 pm