Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Hey Jowood put Gothic 2 on XBox you'll make more money ...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Kabduhl
City Guard
City Guard

Hey Jowood put Gothic 2 on XBox you'll make more money ...

Seriously the markets bigger, the market is also ripe for some good action/RPG gaming ... would be a great way to break out into a wider gaming audience as well. Hell it might even do well in Japan ...
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:35 pm
Mullinator
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It would mean more buisness, but its just asking for Microsoft to buy out Jowood.
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:23 pm
Jay
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Isn't Gothic going to be released on X-Box? I remember reading that somewhere.
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:27 pm
Srchbayne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Isn't Gothic going to be released on X-Box? I remember reading that somewhere.

X-Box??? Where did you hear that??? Gothic is only for PC
Post Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:07 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Xicat announced Gothic for all 3 consoles. The JoWooD CEO said G2 will be converted to XBox, but this was before the restructuring.
Post Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:09 am
maximAL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

short time before the release, the deveolpers said in some tv-show, G2 won't be portet to XBox (or another system) - they claimed G2 just needs too much RAM...
Post Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:39 am
Kabduhl
City Guard
City Guard

I hope Gothic comes to XBox I'd buy it again and play it on the big black beast instead of my PC ...
Post Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:11 am
Brolli999999
City Guard
City Guard

sorry but xbox is the worst console ever made its large heavy uncomfortable controller , bad selection of games the only thing they have is Halo but you cant keep saying that cause its to old now , the xbox is dead the only reason why its still going is because bill gates just keeps putting out money so he wont let it die , but to the ppl its dead no use wasteing your time on that console.

Gothic should stay on pc only console's get everything , long live pc
Post Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:13 am
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Putting G2 on x-box would be a lot of extra work and i just want the english version to come out soon. Giving them more work would just delay it further.
Post Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:23 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Xicat announced Gothic for all 3 consoles. The JoWooD CEO said G2 will be converted to XBox, but this was before the restructuring.

from what i've heard, Gothic 2 won't be coming out on any console. it was on the facts page on GothicDot. mabey it was wrong, though...
Post Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:26 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Our facts page hasn't been updated in a while. Right now, it's not sure if GII will be out for consoles or not.
Post Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:40 pm
Jay
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Nothing to stop Gothic being released on console though. The game worked fine on my old 500 P3 machine, so an X-Box would have no problem. As for having a bigger market on X-Box, I doubt it. Gothic mainly sold in Europe, and X-Box games don't sell as well as PC games here. Still, it would give the American market a second chance to discover it.
Post Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:29 pm
NidPuterGuy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Gothic

Gothic is being released on XBox in December 2003 supposedly:

http://www.thexboxstop.com/games/g/gothic/default.asp

Besides that fact that tv screens don't display as well as monitors it is probably easier to develop for XBox. One platform, one video card. Same hardware. Not the Heinz 57 PC platform. Even though that is getting simpler. ATI and NVIDIA. Creative. Not so hard there. Don't know where Brolli gets his info from. Rabid anti-MS sources I"m sure but the XBox has almost all new games being released on it including some PC. I won't be switching over because the graphics are poor on a tv and the PC is still more flexible with many more titles. Also Xbox caters to the instant gratification crowd. Good luck getting a real strategy game on it.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:25 am
Kabduhl
City Guard
City Guard

...I gotta agree there aren't many good games on XBox but there are a few cool ones and many great ones coming ...

Right now there is:
Morrowind
Jedi Knight II
Halo

Coming:
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Fable
Deus Ex 2
Thief 3
Sea Dogs 2

I'm not trying to start some stupid little kid bullsh*t argument about whether PC or XBox is better. I'd like to see Gothic and Gothic 2 on the XBox, there's plenty of other people who would as well. They'd still be on the PC.

Also trying to get Gothic and Gothic 2 some more international coverage in a bigger market (ie America) can only be good for JoWood and Pirana. I know you Euros hate Americans but business wise this could be a good move for Pirana. Exposure to a different develoment platform and business endeavors will help them grow as professionals.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:54 am
Kabduhl
City Guard
City Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Brolli999999
sorry but xbox is the worst console ever made its large heavy uncomfortable controller , bad selection of games the only thing they have is Halo but you cant keep saying that cause its to old now , the xbox is dead the only reason why its still going is because bill gates just keeps putting out money so he wont let it die , but to the ppl its dead no use wasteing your time on that console.

Gothic should stay on pc only console's get everything , long live pc

Sorry, your assumption that your opinion is the truth is indicative of several facts about you:

1. you are arrogant
2. you are a little kid
3. you are misinformed

XBox is number 1 console in sales in Europe, Number 2 in North America and number 3 in Japan. XBox is pretty far from dead. The initial offering of XBox live was a huge financial success and the service will continue to expand. Sure in Japan XBox is nowhere near as popular as Playstation and Gamecube but XBox games generally appeal to a more western audience anyway. Whcih is good ... I'm sick and tired of weird nonsensical Japanese games.

So many great games are heading for XBox as well.

XBox BOUGHT RARE ...

So kindly and respectfully mr. brolli999999 ---> get a clue sir.

For the record I prefer PC games to most console games (because of their complexity) but the more PC style games that come to XBox the better as far as I'm concerned. I'ts a lot cheaper to get an XBox than to get a new PC.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:00 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next