upper skill point training
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
bolopunq
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

upper skill point training

guys i've got a little problem, cause i need to pump up my athletics skill to 70 in order to advance in the imperial legion. i already have all quests done in order to do so but still lack 8 points in this department. i know i could walk the world back and forth 1 time and probably half way there i would get my stats to the desired level but of course i'm too lazy to do this and i reallly would like to advance NOW i tried my old bladish friend in balmora (the one that lives next to calsus) but when i was at 60 pts he told me he couldn't teach me any more. any1 got a clue on where could i train for those few upper skill points? money is not a problem....
Post Wed May 15, 2002 7:26 pm
Incindium
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Swimming underwater seems to increase athletics more than just running... Go pearl diving
Post Wed May 15, 2002 7:41 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

If you are really impatient and want to do it the wrong way

I don't recommend this but everyone should know

'player->SetAthletics"80"' from the console (~) console

I know athletics can be a pain to raise.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 7:43 pm
Wabbit

just point the character at a wall, tape the forward button down, and go out to lunch or something.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 8:15 pm

bolopunq
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

wow thanks for the great tip i will use it no doubt, as far as taping a key and running at a wall i've already tried that one i remapped walk forward to the big backspace key and placed my nefty swiss army knife and went to take a bath, but when i came back the skill only raised by 1 so i guess i would have to leave it for the whole night or smth if i wanted 8 points to arise. guess i'll just do the simple thing and cheat with the console command. anyway thx for both tips
Post Thu May 16, 2002 4:51 pm
bolopunq
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

the console says it doesn't recognize the setathletics"70" command maybe i misspelled smth but i doubt it, though i'll check again
Post Thu May 16, 2002 5:53 pm
Nogame
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You've had to wait at least a few days to read replies... and you said your game increased 1 point when u forced the BACKSPACE key down and took a bath.

Maybe it would be easier to set it on there for a few hours... hehe Since it will probably take that long to get a response from us.

=)
Post Sun May 19, 2002 6:35 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

hmmm good idea... ill have to try that... but..... to advance in the legion there are other skilsl you can raise. or you can buy training.

Don't you feel better now?
Post Sun May 19, 2002 6:40 pm
HydroSqueegee
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

i think your typing it wrong...
put this in...

player->SetAthletics 70
Post Sun May 19, 2002 8:36 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

would you still gain levels if you used the console?

Don't you feel better now?
Post Sun May 19, 2002 8:40 pm
Zaal
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by SuperCowMan24
would you still gain levels if you used the console?

Hey, that's a great question. You aren't getting the skill increases you would if you just ran around. So if you pumped your skill from 50 to 70 you would be missing out on 20 increases; in turn that would mean missing two levels. Wouldn't it?

Zaal

Yes, that's my face; I'm constipated.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 10:42 pm
bolopunq
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i wouldn't know, cause i did that awful cheat with increasing my skill points through the console - only this one time, 6 pts to get my advancment. it worked btw, and if it caused me 6pts off my level increase that i consider punishment for the dreadful misuse of the console
Post Mon May 20, 2002 1:43 am
Brenner
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Hey, that's a great question. You aren't getting the skill increases you would if you just ran around. So if you pumped your skill from 50 to 70 you would be missing out on 20 increases; in turn that would mean missing two levels. Wouldn't it?

Zaal

only if the skill were a major or minor skill. the misc don't affect your leveling. i had read they affected your multipliers, but if you don't have a major or minor skill to level with that particular attribute, you won't get a multiplier for it. i started a new game, cheated some cash and leveled using training to test it out before trashing the character. I even went so far as to level medium armor(misc endurance) ten times, then level long sword (major strength) 9 times, and went out and hacked away at monsters with a spear (major endurance) until i hit that last level. in the end i had 5x str and only 2x end for multipliers.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 12:08 pm