RPGDot Feature: Grimoire: What's Happening? An Exclusive Rep
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

RPGDot Feature: Grimoire: What's Happening? An Exclusive Rep

Thought Grimoire was never going to happen? Well, have we got a surprise for you! Corwin trekked out to visit Cleve Blakemore on his property in Queensland, Australia to talk to the famous identity and take a look at Grimoire. Here's a snip:<blockquote><em>When I asked him about the future of his (and my) favourite genre he said we need to take a leaf from the Golden Age of RPG’s. “They were very popular then and would still be as popular today if we didn’t keep dumbing them down trying to appeal to people who can’t rise above the intellectual level needed to play console games.” His hope for the future is to see more games like Fallout or Planescape-Torment, two of his personal favourites. “Games shouldn’t take themselves too seriously,” he said. “They need to be more light-hearted with tongue in cheek humour.” This love of humour in games was a theme he mentioned several times. You’ll find it in Grimoire as well.</em></blockquote>Read it all <a href="http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=1016" target="_blank">here</a>.
Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:33 am
Lucky Day

I hope Cleve Blakemore doesn't realize that Corwin is really a plant sent by various foreign agencies to plant bugs on his property so they can keep "the truth" from spreading to the general public.

glad to know Corwin got past the attack dogs and into Cleve's bomb shelter.
Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:36 am

corwin
On the Razorblade of Life

I am definitely not a plant!! I have neither leaves, nor petals!! And for the record, Cleve is actually a very friendly person. I was my pleasure to visit him.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:52 pm
Vid

Oh NO! not that sinister golden baby again!
thats just awful!
Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:35 pm

Since a few weeks ago, RPGDot looks very messed up with Firefox, but at least I was still able to read the news. This interview is the first time on RPGDot I've seen a page with white text on a white background (with Firefox); probably because I usually just stick to the main news page. I'd have thought a lot more people would be using Firefox, unless I'm the only person with this problem. Just wanted to make sure y'all were aware of it. Thanks!
Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:07 pm

Firefox 0.9.2 here and never had the problem.
Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:29 pm

I'm using the same version. Very odd. The entire background of the main page is white, with "Staff members, No ads program, etc." at the very top, followed by the poll below it, the "Feature Alert" and "Newsletter" graphics below that, and finally the news. But if we're both using the exact same version, I can't imagine why this would be happening. Does happen with me on any other sites. Very, very odd. You running Windows, Linux, or Mac version of Firefox? Windows here.
Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:38 pm

Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Back to the article. Good work Corwin. So this game is real and going into beta. Keep us posted on it.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:09 pm
Vid

Um. its going into beta since like 5 years.

HOPEFULLY its real this time... yeah right.

This Blakemore got me again!
Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:09 am

Till I see it I will not believe it. As it was said above: the game is supposedly shortly before beta for many years... There were too many false promises like "it will be released this year and this time I really mean it". The originally should Grimoire (then DOS version which was later abandoned) be released in 1998 if I remember well ...
Nevertheless I would still like to see it and I hope despite of past dissapointments (there is one saying in Czech: "Hope dies last" ). If it ever comes out I plan to buy it....
The plans for moddable Grimoire 2 are also interesting (and I would buy it), but if it goes similarly as with Grimoire 1, we will have to wait at least 10 more years for it.

Mirek
Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:21 am

corwin

I use Firefox and have no trouble with this site. Grimoire exists, I'm playing it. More details coming soon. As for Grimoire 2, Cleve won't have all the problems he had with the first one, especially changing an entire game over from DOS to Windows. The engine is there. Technology and software has advanced so much, that doing the sequel will be MUCH easier than the original.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:28 am

Eureka! I discovered that the problem isn't Firefox at all! I incorrectly assumed that it was, but the problem is actually due to Norton Internet Security Professional. When I disable it, the page loads fine. Very strange. RPGDot is the only site that I've seen this happen with.
Post Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:09 pm