Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Morrowind
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

Morrowind is being made by the same company that made AO (Funcom). AO absolutely blowed. The beautiful artwork was ok, but the game was buggy as hell, and half of the features weren`t implimented. I think their customer support consisted of 3 people in total, too.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 4:21 am

mersil
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Shrapnel : have you played all the way through Blade of Darkness ?

I have : plenty, tell me how can you like Gothic, and not like Blade ?

Why do People Constantly try to Compare Games ?

No game is alike, And Beside I would Not like Every game to be Identical......

Geeeeeeez.

and arent you the new , News Editor/Writer for RPGdot.com ? hmmm.

if you have finished Gothic, Multiple times , what else ya gonna play ? dam.

Go Buy Blade Of darkness, Before they all Dry Up from the shelves. dont listen to Shrapnel

Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 6:08 am

Argh. Midgard is the one that Funcom is making, not Morrowind. I don`t know what the hell I`m talking about please disregard that last post about Morrowind sucking. AO still sucks though!
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 6:20 am

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I also didnīt like Blade of Darkness. Played it early last year, a few weeks before Gothic came out. It was rather dull, IMO.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 6:23 am

The previous Anonymous poster is an idiot.

Morrowind is made by Bethesda, not Funcom.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 6:31 am

Chimera
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

LOL if it doesn't have multiplayer what is the bloody point, the whole FUN of RPGs is multiplayer, playing single player is lonely and boring.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 9:43 am
Mr Wonderstuff
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

>LOL if it doesn't have multiplayer what is >the bloody point, the whole FUN of RPGs is >multiplayer, playing single player is >lonely and boring.

You are being sarcastic I'm sure, as I know someone of your intelligence wouldnt make such a worthless and narrow-minded statement.

Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 11:00 am
Chimera
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

no, its just true, I had high expectations firstly for this game, then when I found out this didn't have multiplayer, for morrowind, now I find out THAT doesn't have multiplayer, next I am going to find out neverwinter nights doesn't either, this just isn't funny. Bands of adventurers going on quests, each one with a different personality BECAUSE THEY ARE CONTROLLED BY A DIFFERENT PERSON is what makes RPGs fun, if I want to go round as one guy killing computer controlled monsters or whatever I can play a sodding FPS.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 11:06 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Chimera's right...to a degree..

I would enjoy the scenario he proposes.. however, you have to take into consideration the "I'm stronger than you are so I'll kill you" mindset that many players get..Diablo 2 did a good job, imo, of dealing with that issue. That, to me, is the worst part of online gaming in this genre..

That said, I feel that if MP were implemented, it would appeal to a much broader audience than if it were only SP..

Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 1:42 pm
Rainstorm
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I think that Chimera's looking for co-op mostly which takes a different approach.
NWN with its GM and adventuring should prob. suit the players who want that type of game.
I prefer a well made SP to a game that tries to be good at both.(they rarely succeed)
I won't miss the MP part of Morrowind,for MP I'll go FPS and possibly later on some MMORPG.(Neocron looks interesting I think)
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 1:57 pm
Chimera
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I will get gothic anyway, but since I run a multi-game clan I prefer multiplayer games, and co-op rpgs are normally great fun (with age of empires 2's map editer, a lot of great rpgs were made, some better than proper rpgs) in mmorpgs, focus is mainly on pvp combat instead of co-op, plus there's the subscription fee... still, I'll definitly get Star Wars: Galaxies, and hopefully Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic will have multiplayer.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 2:45 pm
dunno
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Everyone's get their own opinions, but I for one prefer single player over multiplayer. I'm glad Morrowind is brave enough to go all single player despite the multiplayer trend. You can't do as much unique stuff in multiplayer since devs have to consider everyone and you can't tell much of a story in multiplay.

If they were to implement even some limited form of multiplayer, then they would severely compromise single player quality. It's kinda like Deus Ex, you don't need multiplayer to be a great game (although they did release a multi patch, but that's cuz the Unreal Engine already had it).
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 4:36 pm
Chyren
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

ya know what would be nice? having the gfx engine of blade of darkness into gothic that would be really kewl!!! imagine selling hacked orc limbs at market lol!!!!
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 4:51 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

I hated multiplayer part at DeusEx, and i newer tried any rpg-multiplayer games either, just those quake engined games. So i'm a bit bored to multiplay games, thats why i like more of those singleplay games now. Gothic got me addicted immediatly

Post Sun Jan 20, 2002 2:40 pm
pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Yeah, Blade of Darkness rules!
Post Sun Jan 20, 2002 3:19 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next