Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Having trouble starting and don't want to cheat?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Guest Dare

Having trouble starting and don't want to cheat?

Mage's and some of the other pre-made characters are really hard to get started in Morrowind without cheating. But I found something that can make your life a LOT easier and can be done very early.
There's one catch. You have to join House Telvanni which excludes Hlaalu and Redoran.
A Mage should probably join Telvanni anyway .

Ok, first thing you want to do is hop on the Silt Strider in Seyda Need. It looks like a Giant Flea and can be seen from the docks before you pick your class. Take the Strider to Balmora.
Once in Balmora head down the stairs of the strider platform and hang a slight left to dodge the building. Keep to the right and you will see a sign for the mage's guild a few feet ahead. Go in and head downstairs.
Talk to the woman in the back room about Travel. Use her services to go to Sadrith Mora.
Get outside and head over to the Council Hall. Its the Big mushroom thingy with a bridge to it. Go immediately into the first door once inside. Talk to the mouths. Join the House Telvanni.
Now get chores from the mouths and one of them will ask you to get the Staff of Silver Dawn or something similarly named and may/may not give you some gold to help.
Once you have the quest head back to the mage's guild. In the very same room you were teleported to you find a mage with the staff your looking for. If you're a member of the mage's guild you can buy from her for 300 gold, if not it may be more expensive. Just swipe items from the houses in town and sell the stuff to raise the cash if you need to.
Take the staff back to the mouth that asked for it and you will be rewarded with.....

A kick arse Glass Jinkblade that is enchanted with paralyze for 10 seconds on strike!!! Once you have this blade you need only land one hit on most enemies to win the fight. It also uses the short blade skill which is the only weapon skill that mage's get as major/minor.

And all you had to do was a little shopping
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 9:34 am

Guest Dare

err....
Or maybe it was the Black Jinx quest that gave me the blade....

????????
I don't remember. It was one of the quests that the mouths give ya!

Anyways, to get Black Jinx you just have to go and bribe one of the guys in the Morang Tong guild until he lets you duel him. Tough fight for a mage but doable with the right "touch" spells.

Muck quest is easy, just buy/find/steal the muck.

Clothes quest is also easy, just take boat to Tal Branora. You do need a levitate spell/item though . Dont wear the skirt give it to the servant to put on. If you have about 1500-2000 gp you can buy the summon Golden Saint spell while your there.

Three questions quest was a toughish one. You have to teleport to Ald'ruhn and the take the Silt Strider to Gnisis. Then in the house by the temple stay to the left!!! There will be a rat in the way but if you wander anywhere else you'll likely meet some skeletons or worse. Don't attack anything that doesn't attack you first, and don't try to steal anything. Get to the top room, you may need to get the key from the bedroom which is one of the two rooms close to the entrance, otherwise you need a spell for a level 50 lock. The key was only guarded by one rat. Don't be scared of the mages guards (they're nasty monsters but won't attack you). Ask the questions, doesn't matter what the answers are ... then head back.

Coded message I never did so I know it wasn't that one .
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 9:48 am

Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

Boy that seems easy...Not. Much eaier to just take the wharehouse key and run out, yea you may have a 300 bounty but the armor and other goodies will more than pay your bail,and leave you with a tidy sum of cash to get going with.
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 6:19 pm
Guest Dare

This was mostly for the Mage class because the skills that are predetermined for them make life difficult.
All the stuff in the warehouse was useless to me as a Mage and its weight meant I would have had to make 10 trips since encumberance was so low.

The jinkblade with 10 sec paralyze has all the junk in the warehouse beat by a mile also. It can take you all the way to the end game.
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 10:32 pm