Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Read only if you have finished the game! *BIG spoiler*!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
daneman
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Read only if you have finished the game! *BIG spoiler*!

I was very Disappointed about the ending in Gothic 2.
Sure, it gives them the chance to make Gothic 3 but last boss, an Undead Dragon? Please, And i got all excited over this game for nothing.

What do you think?
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:34 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

For me game was originally planned for at least two more chapters. Shortly after German opening Add-on was announced. There are many things in last chapter like Torlof`s quest, Paladins not marching out of the city and some others that make me think like that. Its not a secret original publisher had problems and probably forced Pirahnias to finish faster.
Or maybe I`m copletely wrong and they planned Gothic 2 & 3 together. It would be hard to figure out why our hero should once again start from the beginning in the G3 so now he will start as skillful paladin/dragonhunter/mage?
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:43 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

The add-on will be hunting down Xardas as the final boss of Gothic 2, and in Gothic 3 you'll start all over. At least that's the most logical way of doing things..
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:29 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

The ending wasn't that great. It'd be a horrible ending if they took out Hero Export.
I didn't test it until I found out that the game ends when you talk to your captain, but I was glad that it worked.

Now I'll start over with my old char and have some real fun. No more avoiding enemies for the first half of the game. =P
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:28 am
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

But will Xardas be the Villain?
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:35 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
The add-on will be hunting down Xardas as the final boss of Gothic 2, and in Gothic 3 you'll start all over. At least that's the most logical way of doing things..

As far as I know, Xardas will be the villain of Gothic 3. But, my news source is not very reliable (German sites with Babelfish translation ), so I'm not really sure.

BTW, read this post, perhaps x_Noble_Paladin_x knows what is happening in G2 addon and G3.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:20 am
daneman
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The thing i would like most to join in is the paladin raid on the Valley of the mines.
That would have been cool.
Just to joined them in thier holy crusade :
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:33 am
vallimar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The undead dragon thing was alright.. I'd like to know what you are supposed
to do with the Soul Gem you got off of it's corpse. Also, is there any meaning
at all to the 3 really long corridors other than that they are an infinite supply
of orcs?

It's also unfortunate that the game lacks a 'tongues' spell or the like to let
you read the writing in the halls of Irdaroth.

I enjoyed the bit at the very end though... where they are grumbling about
what to do with all their gold.. keep it onboard and risk sinking because
they have so much or not :p Although I sure didn't see all that much gold
in the place to fill up a war gallery like they were saying. We better not
start the next add-on or whatever as poor losers since the ending makes
us sound uber-rich now!
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:41 pm
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by FetishFool
The ending wasn't that great. It'd be a horrible ending if they took out Hero Export.
I didn't test it until I found out that the game ends when you talk to your captain, but I was glad that it worked.

Now I'll start over with my old char and have some real fun. No more avoiding enemies for the first half of the game. =P

Export of the character? what do you mean? you can continue to play your character after beating the master?
However the end wasn't that bad, i'm just disappointed about xardas, i don't want him to day in the expansion *sigh* he was the most charismatic of all the npc in the game... (imho)... however does anyone know if the add on is going to be localized in english?
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:22 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Pendr4gon
Export of the character? what do you mean? you can continue to play your character after beating the master?

He's using the cheat console to "export" the character stats of his old hero (whose level is probably around the mid 30s) into a file. As he starts a new game, he "imports" the character stats to his newly started hero, whose experience is 0. As a result, he starts a new game with a Level ~30 hero, instead of a lame Level 0 hero.

This is cheating and may wreck your save game. It's not recommend to do this unless you know exactly what you're doing in the technical level of the game.

quote:
Originally posted by Pendr4gon
however does anyone know if the add on is going to be localized in english?

There's no official announcement about the English addon.

If you want to addon, advertise this game to all your friends and relatives. The sales for Gothic II will thus rise up, which encourage the developers to localize the German addon to English.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:45 am
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi Boy
If you want to addon, advertise this game to all your friends and relatives. The sales for Gothic II will thus rise up, which encourage the developers to localize the German addon to English.

That's what i'm going to do if i'll be the one to review the game for our site, however if don't, i'll still spread the word among our forum, this game has confirmed the good impressions it gave me the first gothic (it seems it's even going to be localized in italian(edit: gothic2 of course, not the add on unfortunatly ), which means that more people are probably going to buy it
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:24 am