Have I screwed myself?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
yall
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Have I screwed myself?

I'm in chapter 3 and I just took the broken Eye of Innos back to the monestary. Next I went to speak with the preist in the city who says I need to get the three powers together to restore the eye.

The problem is I don't have a faction yet. I tried to join the paladins, but the head honcho keeps giving me some long speech, but never offers me the chance to get in. Is it too late?

Also, I'm level 12, and have 33 dex, 40 str, 20% one hand, 20% 2 hand, 30% bow, 10% xbow. I have 29 lp's left. where should I spend 'em?

And, do any stats increase with experience, use, or time?

Thanks All!
Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:17 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Your stats do not increase with time or use, only gaining experience you get new points to spend per level.

To join the paladins, you must start out as a guard, and to do that you must get and complete quest for the Goody to shoe Adrian Paly in the barracks; like completing the Weed Bust quest or other routes to earn your esteem.

I do not know if that option is locked out at Chapter 3 if you are still guildless. Before you can even become a guard, to become a paladin, you must have a Job in the City of Khorinis as a citizen. Are you that? a citizen job from Harold the blacksmith, Constantino the alchemist, or the Trapper guy?

Did you join the mercenaries already? Mercs are not liked by Paladins. What does your status title say when you press the 'B' button to see your status?
Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:46 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

You're probably not screwed, but you have lost the chance to become a Mage.

The only way you can get to Ch 3 without a guild is by sneaking past the guards to the City Hall and getting the key from Hagen without joining a guild.
I just got finished replaying the game and doing the same thing.

You can still join the Paladins or Mercs. To join the Paladins (like I did) make sure you go to Andre, ask to join the Militia, perform the tasks he gives you and then see Hagen. He will offer to make you a Paladin if you solve the situation with Bennet being falsely accused of murdering Lothar. Be sure to do all of your Militia tasks before this, though.

The only stat that increases automatically is Hit Points. You get more of those immediately each time you go up a level. You also get 10 Learning Points per level and those have to be put into stats or skills through teachers.

Based on what you have right now, I'd bump 1h or 2h combat to at least 30%. The rest of your points should be used to work in the direction you want for your hero -- are you going to be mostly using hand weapons or missle weapons? Strength helps with hand weapons, Dexterity with missile weapons.

If you want to be a Paladin, you will need to put some into Mana so you can power the Runes you will get as a Paladin, plus the scrolls anyone can use. Then, do you want to learn much about Alchemy? Or taking trophies? etc.

There are a lot of directions you can go, depending on what aspects of your hero you want to emphasize.

My last runthrough, I was a Crossbowman/Alchemist who wound up joining the Militia/Paladins in Chapter 3. I put my points mostly into Dex, Xbow, Mana and Alchemy, and ignored Str, trophies, forging and hand weapons until late in chapter 4 or 5. (Still need to have taking hearts skill no matter what.)

Your mileage may vary. Good luck.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:51 pm
yall
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah, I'm a citezen of the town and have an aprrenticeship with the Bowman.

I'll try looking around for that quest for Goody to see if that may help.

Thanks!.

BTW, whats the highest level you have reached?
Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:57 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

This last run-through, I reached level 40 with a Paladin.

Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:48 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

@imposteraz

What do you need taking hearts skill for? It's only good for golems and demons. You can take dragon hearts when you talk to Pyrokar about recharging the eye.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:17 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Well, learn something new every day!

I'd always purchased taking hearts and never got to the point of Pyrokar just giving me taking Dragon hearts. Interesting, and cool to know. Thanks.

Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:50 pm
Oancea
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How can you be guildless in Chapter 3, or even Chapter 2? This means you reached Lord Hagen in the first chapter and that he was willing to speak to you (not as a Magician, Mercenary, or Militia man, but as a nobody who trespassed his Town Hall). What could have kept him from kicking your butt and how can you get past all four guards (2 at the upper quarter entrance and 2 in front of the Town Hall), if not by using four sleep scrolls, which you probably cannot even get in the first Chapter?
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:37 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

There are ways to sneak into the city and past the guards, I never tried it, but I might, just to see how to do it.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:05 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Oancea,

You can get past the first set of guards (to the upper level of town) by becoming a citizen of the town. You can do this without picking a guild.

Also, you can just bribe your way into the upper quarter, if you are flush with money.

To sneek into the Town Hall, you have to approach the door by sliding sideways along the wall and getting in behind the guard on the left (as you look at the door). Only the guard on the right will try to stop you and he doesn't "see" you if you sneek in behind him. Note that you will have to sneek in everytime until you select a guild.

Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:04 pm
Blacker Lotus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by jmurdock
@imposteraz

What do you need taking hearts skill for? It's only good for golems and demons. You can take dragon hearts when you talk to Pyrokar about recharging the eye.

if u are a mage u can create sommon golem\demon and to do that u need a golem\demon heart
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:30 pm
Oancea
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by imposteraz
Also, you can just bribe your way into the upper quarter, if you are flush with money.

Who do you bribe, the two guards in the upper quarter? And doesn't Lord Hagen say anything about you just showing up in there, a nobody, and guildless fellow? I was sure I wouldn't even make it to his table, if I sneaked passed the guards.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:42 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Spoiler:
You bride Wambo, the guard.In that way he wont be around saladril's shop during the night and you can easily steal the Blood Chalice or Saladril's hidden chest.

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:16 pm
Oancea
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I was axing about bribing in order TO GET INTO the upper quarter. Do you know how?

Spoiler:
And personally I think it's cheaper and more efficient to kill Wambo
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:20 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

You cant bride someone to let you enter the upper quorter.
Spoiler:
its a little difficult to kill Wambo in the beggining of chapter 1 when I was completing the Blood Chalices task and you always have the option not to bride him...you can still under his nose...but the briding thing gives Gothic2 a glitch that other games dont have!

..and why we talk with spoilers tags?Its like someone started whispering and others replyed also with whispers.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:31 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next