Some Stuff.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Red-Chaos(H)
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Some Stuff.

I had to dehook my comp for the time being so I haven't played in awhile but there was something I remembered I wanted to know about. On the way to the newcamp there is a path that leads to some snappers, a cave, a little camp, another cave with an orc statue, a lurker with some water, then there are two orc warrior with what seems to be an Orc Coliseum and some potions and chests with not much to give. What's up with this? Any reason for it or just for fun? Could make it my place to hang out with my Buddy Shrat....maybe Mud wants in on the action. Speaking of shrat anyone else used him as a teamate? I just need to know how to change his guild and give him training if it's possible. I have Redwind and Heavy Templar's armor equpied on him. Had to lvl him up cause he wussed out of alot of fights.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:10 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

This orc cult site has no real purpose.
How to equip NPCs was explained somewhere in the forums. Complicated stuff.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:49 pm
marevix
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I just got an ingenous idea! What if you saved a ZEN of Gomez, possessed Shrat, and imported Gomez's ZEN file? He would be perfect! I just wish we could edit the AI so he wouldn't run away so much.. Then it would be the perfect teammate?

Tell me, someone who will test this, will this work? When us two were hunting bloodflies together I used Fire Storm and accidently fried him, so it's out of the question for me.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:20 pm
Red-Chaos(H)
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes Shrat does run away alot but I figured out how to stop that. The reason he runs is because he's lvl 3 anything at a higher lvl than him he splits. Just possess him, equip him with stuff insert monsters and kill them. I got him to like lvl 16 summoning golems and killing them. Now he fights but not high enough for Orcs. Just need to get him to master 2H so he has style. What I was thinking would be cool was if I use Gomez's armor and Innos Rage, Mud uses Heavy Orebaron armor and Arto's sword and shrat uses Heavy Orebaron and Scars sword, Change everyones guild to guard and go around bullying people, Old Camp Styles!

P.S. "How to equip NPCs was explained somewhere in the forums. Complicated stuff."

Where was this said? Do I have to search the forums?
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:12 pm
marevix
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well, I took Shrat on a killing spree, but after a lo-o-o-ng while killing stuff, I possessed him and checked his level- nothing. That's why I've been gone so long, plus I have an abnormally strong addiction to.. You guessed it..

Counter-Strike!!

I'm going to try levelling Shrat myself.. I wonder.. What if you had a lvl 20 Mud and Shrat with good equipment and stats following you around? I'd love to see Mud kill an Orc.. But his consistent chatter is just not worth it, and therefore makes him irrelevant in the search for the perfect NPC follower, and since Shrat's the only other one that would follow you around for such long periods of time, I'm guessing he would be the only possible choice for a picky person like me, and if I'm correct, anyone else. Whew! I'm speaking with fancy grammar now, aren't I? I should keep this up.
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:14 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i tryed to train Shart many times but nothing happened and after i go to sleep he is allready somewhere away mayb in his old hut or something very hard to keep him
Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:30 pm
Red-Chaos(H)
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Both Shrat and Mud would have to be well past 20 to take an orc on if at all. I went to fight an Orc hunter and Shrat just stood their. After I killed it he said he's had enough. Me thinks they treat them like NPCs.
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:24 am
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

hi guys

I agree and I love Shrat and truly emjoyed him as a travel companion.
I took the advice of Daedalus from another thread and it actually works Thanks Daedalus.

In the very first chapter when I found Shrat at the swampcamp...he is very weak and runs off a lot. But I took him on a killing spree all the way into the 5 th chapter. Now he don't run away as much. When I encounter razors, biters and snappers....he ran a short distance and wait. After I quickly dispatch the creatures...he comes back to my side.

I think maybe the stronger your character is.....the less Shrat runs away.
Many time...I lost shrat and I go back to the swamp to get him
Later on...when I was strong enough...I killed off most swampsharks so Shrat have a safe place to stay...

I just hope in Gothic 2....there will be similar characters that follows you tthru out the game.
I will definitely miss Shrat whn I finish the final chapter. I am now just abt to enter the sleeper temple. ***gettin all nervous****
Post Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:11 am
Red-Chaos(H)
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

That's some good info. And good luck with the sleeper.
Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:07 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Glorious Mud

There is another thread of very similar topic in this same forum "is mud any good"? I am also working on this Shrat & Mud thing as a kind of project (to find the limits)
Post Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:58 pm