Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Which City/Town do you call home and why?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
FrGGr
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Which City/Town do you call home and why?

As amazing as they all look graphics wise each of their "personalities" are equally amazing.

I live in Caldera, nice quiet village, have a Manor all to myself with plenty of bedrolls for friends to stay and a pet Creeper who collects adventure wares I aqcuire through my travels. Have a nice balcony I can go out on when I wake up just to watch people do their thing. When I need to travel a great distance the lovely transport Mage isn't too far away. Its beautiful to walk around morning or night and the guards are a great bunch to share stories and ale with when I want to laylow. Plus admiring the villagers makes for a welcome walk-by Hello when I get back from a long journey.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 10:10 pm
MightyDeer
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

How to have your own house

I am new to Morrowind, and thinking having a place to display some of the stuff I collected.
How do you have your own manor
Post Tue May 14, 2002 10:22 pm
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

I live in Balmorra! I am really not sure why, but it is probably because I spent a while in the mages guild there, researching scrolls and arcane knowledge. Balmorra mages guild became my home. Recently after becoming the Guild leader of the mages guild I also joined House Hlaalu, which is very much present in Balmorra. So I must say Balmorra is my home and it will not change. I visit Caldera often using the Guide of the Mages Guild but Balmorra, it is my home.

I have a fortress in progress near Balmorra too, but Mages Guild is still my home.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 10:23 pm
FrGGr
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: How to have your own house

quote:
Originally posted by MightyDeer
I am new to Morrowind, and thinking having a place to display some of the stuff I collected.
How do you have your own manor

If a house is empty you can call it home
It might take an arguement or two with the homeowners/occupants but you can clear them out if you feel it neccesary.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 11:30 pm

So you can't see your house with your name on the map
Post Tue May 14, 2002 11:46 pm

Wabbit

I live in Balmora as well, and return there very quickly with a Recall spell whenever I want. I also stay in the very nice guest rooms at the mages guilds in Ald-ruhn and Vivec when visiting those fair cities.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 11:53 pm

I made the Council Club in Balmoral my home. It's big, has a bed, and best yet......a fully stocked bar.
NMN
Post Wed May 15, 2002 12:27 am

FrGGr
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
So you can't see your house with your name on the map

How do you get your name on a house?
Post Wed May 15, 2002 1:28 am
Fredric
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Like another person who already said this, after cleaning out the Council Club of the Cammona Tong punks, I kept their little hide-out for myself! Yee haw... I guess...?
Post Wed May 15, 2002 4:25 am
Uruz
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I live in Balmorra since it has a lot of resources packed into a small area, and it is a nice central location with a Mage's Guild and Stilt Strider port for transport. The only thing it's missing is a harbour, but you can get access to one with instant tansport via the Mage's Guild.

I took over the Manor to the southwest-ish(I think) of the Hlaalu Council where the guy was murdered. It has lots of space to display and store my collection of stuff.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 4:35 am

quote:
Originally posted by Uruz
I took over the Manor to the southwest-ish(I think) of the Hlaalu Council where the guy was murdered. It has lots of space to display and store my collection of stuff.

Isn't it creepy with the dead guy on the floor though?
Post Wed May 15, 2002 4:47 am

Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

You just 'Disposse of Corpse' on the dead guy,

BTW, I have a house in Balmorra and my own plugin house i built on a pennisula off Seyda Neen

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Wed May 15, 2002 4:54 am
Uruz
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Isn't it creepy with the dead guy on the floor though?

heh

All my questing and killing has de-sensitized me

You don't even notice him laying there after a while. If I really wanted to, I have a bunch of old papers I could cover him with.

Edit: You can't remove him since he is murder evidence. I could finish that quest and see if that helps though...
Post Wed May 15, 2002 4:55 am
HiroHito
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I live in the Slaves Trader's house (Suran), I can free the slaves whenever I want, but I keep them inside, and so far I killed only one when I was frustrated (don't remember why, I play a psychotic Redguard). It's not big, but I like being close to a prison, feels at home.
None can keep us out, and once we're in, there are few that can keep us from our errand, be it burglary, spying, murder, or mayhem. And when our work is done, we scamper away, one rat among thousands.

And not a man the wiser.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 5:24 am
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

that's funny, i suppose i could live in the Slave Trader's house, I stole something from him and got caught and ended up killing him, some one should probably feed the slaves tho, that was about a week ago

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Wed May 15, 2002 5:31 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next