Questions about Construntion Program.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Emerald Viper
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Questions about Construntion Program.

I have some question maybe some of you can answere, SINCE there is NO manual.

1) What are Levveling Items and Leveling Monsters?
2) Can you Edit a Pluginn and still get it to be recognized as the original Plugin so you do not get the warning about saved games?

3) Any sites with Tips or Help with the Construction Set?

4) I will have more soon

Post Wed May 08, 2002 9:28 pm

Re: Questions about Construntion Program.

quote:
Originally posted by Emerald Viper
I have some question maybe some of you can answere, SINCE there is NO manual.

1) What are Levveling Items and Leveling Monsters?
2) Can you Edit a Pluginn and still get it to be recognized as the original Plugin so you do not get the warning about saved games?

3) Any sites with Tips or Help with the Construction Set?

4) I will have more soon

1) Lvling items and monsters are items and monsters BASED on the player's lvl. THey automatically adjust themselves to be weaker or more powerfull based on the character's level. (See Dungeon Tutorial in help files)

2) Nope, it keeps track of what plug-ins you were using with what saved game, all you have to do is save over that slot with the plugin on and whenever you load that save game you will no longer get the warning (unless you remove or add plug-ins later).

3) Not really, although the help file tuts aren't THAT bad. Sure the program requires a bit of playing with to figure out, but it isn't near as bad as UnrealED or other such editors were when they first came out. You might check the official homepage, I believe in the media section they have movies showing how to use the editor (my wife DLed like 15 of these when Morrowind was still being made and they seemed pretty comprehensive).

4) Shoot away, I'm sure myself or Fal, or any number of others here can help ya.

-Mltdwn
Post Wed May 08, 2002 9:38 pm

Emerald Viper
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The Tutorial that is in the Help Files is a JOKE!
Unless you are VERY familiar with the Construction set.
Also most of the Help in the Help Files is so vague as to be idiotic.

No disrespect to the writers of the help files, but come on, this is supposed to be for customers to use not just programmers.

PS: Thanks for you help Mltdwn, I appreciapte it. I am sure I will have LOTS more , I can not even get the Official site to load 90% of the time.
I'll have to check them out hough, thanks again.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 9:50 pm
Emerald Viper
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

New question, When you open up a file in Construction Set, Like a previous Mod, And it ask you to select an Active file, what does this actually do.
Why I ask is that if you just load Morrowind.esm it does not ask this.
So If I load lets say 2 Mods, and I pick ont to be active, Is all the changes going to made to JUST that Mod?
Or...Is it just using that MOD's info?

Sorry if I did not explain this well, Its kind of hard to explain what I would like to know.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 10:02 pm
weregamer

"Data Files" window

Actually, this was one of the few areas I found the built-in help to be completely clear on. In short, if you pick an "active" file you are really editing that file. (You can't make the master active.) If you have no active file, you are starting a new file and when you save you will give it a filename.

If you want your mod to require other mods, have all the others selected as well but make your mod "active". Beware of how mods can interact - if they both touch the same thing the changes will be combined as best the program can figure out, but the result will probably be a mess. The example they give shows how this works.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 10:46 pm