Dungeon Lords: Collector's Edition Announced @ Gamecloud
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Kalia
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Dungeon Lords: Collector's Edition Announced @ Gamecloud

Dreamcatcher Games announced today that they will be releasing a collector's edition of Dungeon Lords. <blockquote><em>he new version is due out in late January and will include all of the content of the original game plus "new quests, spells, effects, monsters and amazing new heraldries and character customizations", according to the press release.</em></blockquote> You can read the rest at <a href="http://www.gamecloud.com/article.php?article_id=2657" target="_blank">Gamecloud</a>.
Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:08 pm
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

This is one of those things that makes your chin drop ...

Check out my blog.
Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:14 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

*giggles*

I think they've missed a marketing opportunity - throw in Metal Heart and they could do a "The Best of the Worst RPGs Ever!" compilation. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wonder at the missing content.

*Patches not included.
Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:40 pm
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

... throw in Restricted Area and you'd have the ...

'RPG BoreChest'! Winners of over 35 'crap of the year' awards between them!

Check out my blog.
Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:52 pm
Dhruin

LOL.

The real question: what is the current status of patches for the English players who have already bought this dreck - and will they be able to download any new content (I'll believe the new content when I see it, but let's take the press release at face value for now)?

I'm not playing this rubbish again under any circumstances but lots of players have been left waiting for months. Dreamcatcher - can you do the right thing?
Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:25 pm
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Dhruin
The real question: what is the current status of patches for the English players who have already bought this dreck - and will they be able to download any new content (I'll believe the new content when I see it, but let's take the press release at face value for now)?
That was my basic 'call for patience' on the DreamCatcher forums ... we've just heard this, let's wait a bit and see what DC says. They have an opportunity to gain a certain amount of goodwill, or totally screw themselves with the few people who they managed to get to give them money.

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:31 pm
The Gay Norker

You have GOT to be kidding me! They are making us PAY for the English version if the German patch!?
Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:23 pm

corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Well, let's see. How many copies do you think they will sell!! Hmmm, hope I don't run out of thumbs counting!! lol You mean they are FINALLY going to release the game I PAID for months ago!! Hope they send us all free copies!!!!! Somehow I won't be holding my breath though. Might even finish the thing if they do!!

Edit: Update- This from the DC Forums!!

Hey guys - The 1.4 update will be available to everyone. Don't worry. It's still being worked on here - testing, etc. Production informs me that it shouldn't be much longer, but we've run into some technical difficulties with it. Hopefully, I'll have some better news very soon. It's coming along... it's just not ready yet.

Thanks for your patience.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:21 am
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I understand everyones sarcasism at the horrible job the publisher has done.
I was still holding out hopes that 1.4 would fix most of the mindnumbing problems.

I took this that the 1.4 German patch was a success and that they finnally have a decent release available (thou obviously waiting for reviews before purchase).

I still have not gotten any replys to my thread in Dungeon Lords asking how the German 1.4 version is working, maybe everyone that purchased a copy on RPG bought an English version, dunno.

I kinda thought this was good news, maybe I am just being naive
Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:49 am
Dhruin

Just to be clear, my sarcasm is most definitely aimed at both Heuristic Park and Dreamcatcher.

I don't know if the German v1.4 "completed" the game or not -- that is an interesting question and I will try to find out. Personally, making everything work still wouldn't fix the incompetent design.
Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:06 am
Shimbatha
Village Leader
Village Leader

About the new patch and the Collectors edition:

If it doesn't have furniture, screw it. Seriously. Laugh if you want, but that is what I think really destroyed the game. I could live with the poor AI, the over-abundance of gold and potions, the uninspired spell system, the huge spawning mobs, the bugs, and the loading hitches...but when you enter a tavern with no tables, chairs, or beds, and no fire in a fireplace that for some reason radiates a warm orange glow...you know something is terribly wrong.

If they release a collectors edition without furniture, I'll laugh my *** off.
Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:59 am
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Well, from the DreamCatcher forums, a member summed up the experience of German players using the 1.4 patch:

quote:
positive points:
- new Sound FX for many monsters
- simple armor like leather has only a short duration, better armor works longer
- respawn-rate has changed, the time between two encounters has increased
- costs for attributes are much higher
- changing weapons for ninjutsu fighters works now with "q"
- target marker now implemented
- with the skill "spying" the map shows you secret levers, items and near monsters
- with the skill "thieving" enemies drop loot before dying, so you get more items like potions
- saving bug in the forth chamber of the quest "trial of the elders" fixed
- arena bug fixed, you can now save indoors. After reloading the door is already open
- emmindor bug at the tower fixed (in MP ALL players have to fullfill all tasks to get into the tower !!!)
- after resurrection the lost attribute is shown
- all potions now working and there are more visual effects
- more celestial spells
- leveling up is now possible only after achieving the necessary attribute-points

negative points:
- you have to identify double items also
- magic Weapons from loot are fully loaded from the start, weapons from merchants have to be reloaded first at altars
- there are still short lags before a new respawn
- many campfires and pieces of furniture are still missing

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:08 pm