RPGDot Network: External pop-under extinction
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

RPGDot Network: External pop-under extinction

I think this is good news for our visitors: <b>By August 15th, the whole RPGDot Network will cease to show pop-unders from external ad networks.</b> This was no easy decision for us, since these pop-unders were our main source of regular income, and as you can imagine, it isn't easy to accept the fact that you will have to pay even more out of your own pocket to keep the site running. <br> <br>However, two factors made me drop the pop-unders: <br>1) these nasty bastards tried to install little adlets on our visitors' computers every once in a while - and we had no way to block certain ads to prevent this <br>2) I didn't like the theme of some ads. They didn't fit with the intentions of our site. <br> <br>So, the only ads you will see on the network from August 15th will be the standard banners and skyscrapers - and there will only be ads that fit to our site. The donation pop-up will still appear, but only once every 4 days per visitor. I hope this is something you can live with, and IF you can afford to support us , please don't hesitate to do so. It's your help that will keep us running.
Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:40 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Ads

Thankyou so much. Some days I regreted logging on because of all the left overs I ended up with.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:42 pm
chrisbeddoes

You could add those google little text ones .
I have found them very useful.
Post Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:51 pm

thanks

Great idea - I have NO PROBLEM with static banner ads. Hell - I love 'em when compared to pop-ups and email spam. And I'm in Marketing!

Good decision. Passive advertising is the best.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:25 pm

radioman970
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for doing this. I used to visit here several times daily until I got zapped several times by these spyware programs they were installing. I was disappointed, to say the least. Means spending time with spybot and adaware. But I got a program called Popup Manager and tested it out here and it stopped it. But now you made a very good desision to cut it off yourselves. Much success with rpgdot.com! I'll start coming by more often now.

MY TOP 5 GAMES (Currently playing)
1. MORROWIND
2. No One Lives Forever 2
3. Battlefield 1942

------------------------------------
Post Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:28 pm