Game stopping bug!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
KnowPlay
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Game stopping bug!

I seem to have a bug of some type. I finished the crypt area and decided to complete the side quest set by the female ghost. I went straight thru the Level 5 tunnels and just happen to pop up in the right place at the right time to save Shaney. I then headed to the Yellow Tulip to talk with Enoill the one-eyed man and grab the key to his home. Only one problem, he wasn't at the Yellow Tulip. I searched the whole area, became extremely frustrated and thus killed everyone in the Yellow Tulip. I have since finished the Greu side quest and have visited the Ice Dragon. I spoke with the dragon about the ghost/vengence quest but nothing else. I then went back to the Castle Library for the book with dragon info. The snake librarian won't speak to me about dragon info. I then returned to the dragon hoping to setup the deal of gold in exchange for dragon's eggs. But alas, nothing. The dragon only makes comments about it being to cold for me there.

So basically I can't find Enoill to be able to continue the ghost/vengence side quest nor can I get the dragon to speak to me about trading for a dragon's egg. What can I do? I need to complete these quests to get more xp so that I can fight the Ylsides and also to be able to see the proper cutscene at the end.

Also, my install will only do quick saves. The game will not allow me to save any other way but quick save. So I'm stuck only with the two most recent quicksaves.

And yes I have patch 1.14 installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:32 am
sunshine
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I can help ye'......

(in a deep raspy dawrven voice)

First, your deals with the dragon will prove fruitless. Since ye've decided to jump ahead in the quests, you do not yet know that you need dragon's egg for the sword. Besides you'll need every egg the bugger has, and unless you played a thief (like me), there's only one way to get them, besides the dragon 'll give 'ye some well needed experiance. I know it will break your heart to kill such a magnificent creature, one of the best video game dragons ever, i might add, it will be well worth it.

Or the book in the library may help, the snake woman doesn't know squat about dragons. What a rack though ea?

Seek ye the Akbaa Rocks, in the temple, lose them and all is lost.
Sometimes eniolli is in the bathroom on the second floor.
Try using the magic hand instead of a torch in dark areas.
Try stock piling everything you find in the mages' room.

Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:17 am
KnowPlay
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thx

First place I looked was in the bathrrom. He apparently is a no show. Oh well. And I had pretty much consigned myself to having to kill the dragon. I'm on Lvl 8 and need the xp. Besides, I became so frustrated I decided to kill everyone anyway. I have already killed all the humans and king, all the goblins and king. Now I am gonna go smack me some trolls around. I'm killing everyone I can. The only thing I shall leave living are the dogs. My aim is complete genocide of Arx
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:49 am
sunshine
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

if you killed the king you may have lost.
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:26 pm
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

Key

Just curious...did you check Enoil's chair or surronding floor for the key?

THE TAROT
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:23 am