Members
Usergroups
monks and powerful monsters
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
some guy

monks and powerful monsters

Is there any way that a pure hand-to-hand monk can survive through this whole game? I mean, if you need a magical weapon to hit something, does equipping magical gloves let you do that?

Oh, as a side question, is it possible to enchant a bound weapon? I heard on some thread somewhere that you can enchant something with a permanent bound item.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 7:31 am

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

This game doesnt really support hand to hand combats. I mean there are no critical strikes, martial arts etc. So it is not good choice and I do not think it is possible to finish game without use (at least sometime) weapon.
If you want to make hand to hand more useful, you must download faerie mod (look into MW Plugin Depot forum).
Post Mon May 20, 2002 7:46 am
Cuular

Monks and the hihg level game.

There are critical strikes. I haven't completely figured out how to get them to happen yet, but when I open a battle with one, or get one to go off in battle, it is an instant knockdown with a pretty long stun to it.

They seem to go off slightly more when I start the battle by sneaking up and letting it fly while moving so that the hit lands as the "stab" type hit versus the over hand chop or the side to side sweep.

I have my monk/thief up to level 25, with 100 h2h, 100 sneak, unarmored at 72, athletics at 76, and acrobat at 75.

H2h is a hell of a lot of work, but so far I haven't found anything I haven't been able to hit, including magical creatures in dungeons. I just have to very carefully pick where and how I fight things. Anything over 3 opponents at once and I am in trouble. So I keep the ring of AE poison I "borrowed" from the alchemist in Ald-Dhun just for such circumstances.

Does my kow damage fiery shortsword kill things faster and easier at skill level 6? Not yes But heck yes! Is it as fun? NO. I take great pride in h2h fighting, and find it much more challenging then a single shot kill with another weapon.

But that's just me, and your mileage may vary.

Cuu
Post Mon May 20, 2002 10:54 pm