Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
NEED HELP BAD! At final fight, but it won't trigger..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
xelatoth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

NEED HELP BAD! At final fight, but it won't trigger..

Ok guys and gals, here is my dilema...

I am at the end of the game where you see the newly transformed Iserbius praying at Akbaa's alter. I am suppossed to hit him with the Meteor sword to trigger my fight with Akbaa...

However, I sit there and hit him over and over, I have casted every spell at him, and no matter what, he continues to sit and pray and my character keeps saying " Maybe I should try something else". AAAARRRGGG!

*** Here are some things that may be wrong....

1.) Ok, at the part where you find out about the queens murder and you have to go to Enoili's house and take the key and open the chest to get the proof of Carlos' involvement, here is what happenes; I got they key and use it on the chest, and even though the chest makes the opening noise, it always remains locked (some kinda glitch).

2.) Because of the above problem, when I have Alia meet with her father, the King, and the snake ladies show up demanding her to go with them, the dead queen NEVER shows up. Instead, Alia decides to go with the snake ladies and fufill her Grandfather's pact.

*** Everything else from that point on works correctly, but as I said above, no matter what I do to Iserbius, the Akbaa fight never triggers.

(IMPORTANT) I am using the meteor sword from the cheat in the begining of the game with the bone and the chair...

I NEED DESPERATE HELP, PLEEEAAASSSEEE!

P.S.---> I love this game. I am quite impressed with its immersive qualities and I would hate to have to quit so close to completing it.
Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:15 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

If you are playing the pc version did you install the patch? If it is xbox you may have too email Jroby at Arkane. This is new one. But sounds likes several bugs. The cheat did cause a lot of people problems on the pc version. I don't know anything else to suggest other than if you have a save game before that point, start there and try again. It is a great game and would be worth playing through without the cheat. IMHO
Mark Twain
Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:02 am
xelatoth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I Got it to trigger....

Thanks for the advice.

I DID manage to get the fight to trigger finally.

I had to go back and make my own meteor sword. Once I did that, the fight triggered as it is suppossed to.

Maybe there is a glitch with the PC Cheat version of the meteor sword (who knows)

But, yes, I DID get it to trigger
Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:09 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Good and thanks for posting the problem and fix. So many people don't share their solutions and it really does help.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:45 am