Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Lord of the Rings (movie): which character is most like you?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Right, this is truly OT, but I'm interested in this. The same question was (repeatedly) asked at several LotR forums; I expect the outcome HERE to be a bit different...

So: which character from the first LotR movie do you feel is similar to your own? Every character counts, major and minor...

Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 9:34 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Bilbo Beutlin.
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 9:41 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Bilbo baggins, how nice... I can relate to him, too.
My LotR alter ego, though, is the orc overseer at Saruman's place - the crooked little guy with the multitude of noserings. He didn't have a name, I guess, but everytime I see him I empathize with him all the way. Feels a lot like me at work: 'Yes, master... yes master, of course, master (but turn your back on me and YOU'RE DEAD MEAT!!!'
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 9:54 pm
pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Gimli for sure.
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 9:58 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Well, in the upcoming Social Studies Video we are making, to which I have made several refrences, I am most like Saruman.

My one friend, in the movie, is like Gandalf, protecting the three other Hobbit-peasants.

In reality: Saruman. The smarter, don't-get-your-hands-dirty type.
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 9:58 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

quote:

the orc overseer at Saruman's place

Are you talking about this guy Jaz?

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/sauron38/Orc.jpg

As usual, copy the link.
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 10:12 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Sorry, sauron38, I was being stupid and mixed up some things (memory seems to be failing me - I'm not that young anymore, mind you ).
It wasn't the guy with the nose rings I thought of, I actually meant this one:
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=156293

[ This Message was edited by: Jaz on 2002-03-08 17:01 ]
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 10:46 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

I suppose if anyone, it would be Aragorn. His physique is smaller than mine for sure, but Gimli is just too short, though he is strong. Ah well. They need more muscular guys in movies(and not just in the stereotypical roles).
Speaking of muscular guys in hollywood, can you believe they made Kevin Sorbo(who played Hercules on the t.v. show Hercules: The Legenday Journeys)lose 20 pounds of muscle before they would let him have the lead role in the new t.v. show Andromeda? That is just wrong. That's the kind of discrimination muscular actors face in movies and t.v. Either they get to play the stereotypical big dumb guy roles, or they don't get anything.
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 1:32 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I rather liked Gimli, he had a fiery "I'll kick yuir arse and out-drink yuir ugly mug all at the same time" type of personality.
Although, I'd have to say I'm more like Pippen, somehow always finding myself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 2:13 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I'd have to say Gimli when I'm having a good time. I love playing good old fashion firey Dwarves in RPGs because they're pretty close to my attitude. Half-Irish, Half-Scottish... give me a pint, point me in the direction of a brawl, and off I go.

Heh. At least in my younger days... before I discovered the power of self control. Most of the time, I guess maybe Aragorn...

But considering all the characters became the stereotypes for all fantasy that came afterwards (stoic ranger, tortured fighter, firey dwarf, carefree halfing, ancient wise wizard)... I'd rather not associate myself to closely with any of them.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:41 am
bleedingrose
City Guard
City Guard

Well, there aren't a whole lot of female characters to choose from, and none of them quite suit me. So I think it would be Legolas--kind of aloof, but still kick-ass...although I'm a little darker than he is (I mean in the macabre sense). Too bad there's not a goth-girl in Tolkien!

Post Sun Mar 17, 2002 4:57 am
ffbj
High Emperor
High Emperor

Boromir. For me the true tragic hero of the Fellowship. He seems more real to me than the other characters. Though it seems you can't really use the ring to defeat the enemy who has killed so many of your countrymen, when you are grasping at straws you will try anything.
Post Tue Mar 19, 2002 5:16 pm
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

Lord of the Rings (movie): which character is most like you

Gimli!
Post Sat May 01, 2004 12:25 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Definitely Gimli, he's such a Dwarf. Like when he wonders what all the fuss is about the little ring, strikes it with his mighty axe and goes flying backward. Or my fave "Well, here's one dwarf she won't ensnare! I have the eyes of a hawk, and the ears of a fox!" just to be met by the tips "her" warriors' arrows!
Thats so me.

here is a good page of Gimli poems and verse, if you care-

http://lotrscrapbook.bookloaf.net/poetry/limerick/limerick_gimli.html

Ive gotten into Gimli, and can recite and somewhat act most his parts out, with limited success .My family is somewhat weird, when we have a night where we get together to watch a movie, there will be thematic things done. Does that make sense? Well, anyway, when Dawn of The Dead was the feature (much to the dismay of the women), me and my brother both showed up in full zombie getup. Just recently, when we watched LOTR, I showed up with a huge plastic battleaxe, and a Gimli-style helmet. Did battle with the Dobermans, and a wiffle-bat weilding warrioress. I put the axe up in the back window of my truck, like some people would have a gun rack. Gimli rules!
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sat May 01, 2004 10:33 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

The Nazgul
Very demonic with those long black coats. And the way they search and look around is just awesome.
Post Sun May 02, 2004 2:18 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next