Where to next...?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Jack Hayne
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Where to next...?

Well, I've been playing this game non stop for the last 2-3 days now, everythings been going pretty smooth.
Untill I got to the point where I needed to save the Mercenary Smith and repair the Eye of Innos. It seems I need the smith to repair the eye. I juse dont see how I can get him out. I'm in the Milita since I never played the origional Gothic so I have no clue as to who my "Friends" are . I've talked the the Secretary of the Govener. Bought his dairy, killed everysingle Black head i've seen and done just about everything I can think of... Talked to everyone with a "name" and tried to ask them about it, probly have missed someone but now i've lost count. Oh and managed to achive level 25, get the Dragon Slicer, kill the Black Troll, killed everything that moved in the Valley of mines (Except the Dragons, which I cant kill ;p yet). I doubt I really needed to do all that but all those orcs and lizardmen sure paid off...

I'm abit tired, since i've just played the game up untill 4:30 am I havn't checked all the posts to see if anyones posted a walkthrough or such about it yet. Will have to wait untill morning/afternoon, after work in any case. Would appreciate it if someone could post the sequence in how you get the MErcenary smith out of jail/prove he's innocent.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:04 am
Jack Hayne
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

This is starting to get abit annoying, checking every little cravis in the world
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:20 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Eh? To free the blacksmith, go to Lord Hagen. Tell him what Cornelius told you. And show him the diary.

Then Lord Hagen will have a shit fit, and tell you to free the Blacksmith.

Do that. Then ask him to repair the Eye. Go to sleep until the next morning, then talk to Bennett again. He'll give you the repaired eye.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:25 am
Jack Hayne
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yup, thought as much myself... But I guess my game is fecked, or somthing because I can read the diary all I want. Just when I talk to Hagen it has 3 options, I wanna join the paladin, Hows the situation, and I belive Bennet is innocent. None of those 3 seem to solve anything :/

ITs times like these that I can manage to dump a game for about a month untill returning to it (Ah, Morrowind, my memories of you are still arround :X )
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:40 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Sleep and talk to Hagen again the next morning. This fixed it for me.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:51 am
Jack Hayne
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have slept, a million times, When I was suposed to do this quest, I was level 14 Now 11 levels later he still doesn't say a thing. I've read the diary infront of him talked to him, read it near him slep talked with him. I even tried reading it to every single important person in Khorinis. Even a save that I have from when it all went wrong doesn't seem to help.

Just hopefully this time when I start a new game it wont happen, I think i'll try the mercenary way through the game anyway...
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:38 pm