G2 not available at gogamer anymore??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
amos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

G2 not available at gogamer anymore??

I just went for my daily check to see if it was back in stock, and nothing. A search turned up empty, and looking at the complete list of RPG games, had Gothic (listed, but not available), and no Gothic 2.

Maybe I better get my hands on it from that other site before they disappear too.
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:54 pm
Rafter II
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Gothic II @ Fry's

I saw Gothic II UK version at Fry’s in San Diego Ca today
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:07 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

That is really strange! Apparently they sold out and tried to get more in stock but ran into some complications. I'll E-mail them and ask... It doesn't seem logical that they would remove it from their order list completely just because they sold out so quickly. They probably don't know when they're going to get more in stock so they decided to take it off the ordering list until the uncertain time in which more stock becomes available occurs.

There are other sites you can order it from though. Use the search option to find more, or create another thread with a more appropriate subject and ask for a list of sites to purchase the game from. One other option is:

www.wizardsandwars.com

Here is a direct link to a site where you can purchase Gothic 2:

http://www.wizardsandwars.com/pc_game_info.php?pc_game_title=GOTHIC_II_PC_Game&products_id=95&sid=aa9c606acdc47bc459adaf0317b637bc
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:47 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

The following is a quoted response from a GoGamer.com representative:

"...we are trying our best to locate this product and it happens to be that all of our suppliers are out of this title for the time being. We hope that we can restock on Gothic 2 by next week. We will make the product live again on our site as soon as we can guarantee some stock." --Gogamer Sales
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:35 am
HyperAquaBlast
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

wait, wait! I just ordered a copy from GoGamer last night and it said it will ship in 24hrs. I even got an order confirmation this morning. So did they have in stock or not? Or was I just lucky enough to get the last copy.

Oh yeah I'm a first time poster, long time reader so I do know most of you.... welll sort of
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:18 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

probably they found again suplayers and they have some more copys in stock
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:27 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

It still isn't on the site. They probably just had one or two left in stock. The following is a quoted response from another GoGamer.com representative:

"Please note that the game is still on back order. we are hoping to have it within 1-2 weeks." --Robert
CompuExpert\GoGamer

Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:57 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

anyone from the us that wanted to order from gogamer should just wait for it to be released over here itll only be like 2 more months, probally before gogamer get them back in stock
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:25 am
HyperAquaBlast
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

So are you are saying I just basically bought a preorder or sumtin? It said it would ship in 24hrs. Damn now I'm sorta pissed cause I'm confused.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:44 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

quote:
Originally posted by HyperAquaBlast
So are you are saying I just basically bought a preorder or sumtin? It said it would ship in 24hrs. Damn now I'm sorta pissed cause I'm confused.

If it said it would be there in 24 hours then it probably will be. You can track your order online. If it doesn't arrive in your mailbox 3 work days after you ordered it then just E-mail customer support and ask them. The E-mail address is on the site. If you can't find it let me know and I'll post it on this thread for you.

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:59 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

u probably ordered the last one or something they will send it to u if they told ya that
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:30 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

If Gogamer is out of stock, why not order it from a UK store like Game?
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:48 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

quote:
Originally posted by SirDeity
There are other sites you can order it from though. Use the search option to find more, or create another thread with a more appropriate subject and ask for a list of sites to purchase the game from. One other option is:

www.wizardsandwars.com

Here is a direct link to a site where you can purchase Gothic 2:

http://www.wizardsandwars.com/pc_game_info.php?pc_game_title=GOTHIC_II_PC_Game&products_id=95&sid=aa9c606acdc47bc459adaf0317b637bc

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:14 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

www.wizardsandwars.com <---- that one indeed has the game still if u order it quickly u can get it still
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:59 pm
amos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks for the updates SirDeity. Wizardsandwars was the "other site" I'd mentioned in my first post. I decided to go and buy from them. I'm rolling through Gothic 1 right now and expect to be done in a week or two. I wanted to pick up on Gothic 2 as soon as I finish. I really didn't want to wait until October.
'
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:01 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next