Usergroups
'ello!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Cheapy
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hi all! I'm kinda new to Gothic (one week in 2 days ). I've gotten somewhat good with it too, though I must admit, I did the Double Raw Meat code a *couple* times. Which explains my Heavy Shadow Uniform, some really good 1 handed sword, Bone Bow, 2 +5 dex rings, and the such...

I know Sneak, Lockpick, and Pickpocket, so I AM a true Shadow . I found a storage place which is awsome, there is like a total of 35 potions in there, (Hut NEXT to Fisks hut, oh and supposedly, theres a +3 Perm Dex potion in Fisk's...) a couple peaces of Food, some ore, some nice stuff like that. Atleast 750 ore in there (all the items sold at the same time).

Now that I got the bragging part off my back (), I have a question. Now that I'm a Shadow, what am I looking for in the Swamp Camp?

Also, where is a Crossbow?

And yes, I just joined Gomez about one hour ago (game time), when do ya think I'll be a Mage? (My ultimate goal.)

Oh, and HOW DO I GET RID OF MUD!?!

Have a nice day
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:15 am
ffbj
High Emperor
High Emperor

Good for you. I did something similar my first time through. Good luck on becoming a mage.
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:18 am
Cheapy
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Thanks... I'll need it.
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:19 am
ffbj
High Emperor
High Emperor

Mud? Soap and water works well. Seriously, Mud is so annoying, at least he was to me. I never
got near him the second time through, after I played the demo. I just can't stand Mud.
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:25 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

quote:

On 2002-03-07 22:15, Cheapy wrote:
Now that I'm a Shadow, what am I looking for in the Swamp Camp?

Talk to Lester.
quote:

Also, where is a Crossbow?

Jackal is carrying a nice one.
quote:

And yes, I just joined Gomez about one hour ago (game time), when do ya think I'll be a Mage? (My ultimate goal.)

Not for a while, you'll get a quest that will earn you the right to become a Mage or a Guard.
quote:

Oh, and HOW DO I GET RID OF MUD!?!

Just beat him up and he'll run crying back to his mommy.

Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:50 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Take Bullit's crossbow! It's just a light one, but it will suffice . Besides, with light guard armor, 35 strength and not too many hit points, Bullit's an easier target.
Just don't kill him for it, beating him up will be enough, he still has some cool dialogue to offer somewhere near the end.

Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:43 am
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

I had to beat Mud up AND rob him before the little creep would leave me alone.
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 9:34 am
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

If you need goods to trade you can also grind crude swords all day long on the grinding wheel in the NC that the mercenary is using. No skills or materials required! It works for the first couple of chapters anyway. I think it also works on the wheel that Harak (is that his name?) uses in the OC, but I can't remember for sure.

At the very least you can beat him up every time you go to the OC, he always has a crude sword or some blades on him.
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 9:59 am
Cheapy
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Wheres Bullit?

I'll carry through with that... I tried to steal one of a Templar (Pickpocket), he caught me though and well... ouch
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 12:27 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Bullit is in the OC castle (so you'll have to get into that to meet him). He's sitting at a table in the guard barracks (when you enter the castle yard, that's the building to your left).

The only other guy sitting around in the whole castle area is Gomez - but actually it's hard to mistake one for the other .

Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 12:40 pm