VtM: Bloodlines - Forum Tidbit
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

VtM: Bloodlines - Forum Tidbit

Another small <a href="http://vnboards.ign.com/Bloodlines_Inn/b22439/77347879/p2/?32" target="_blank">forum snibblet</a> from Troika's Leon Boyarsky can be found at the Vampire: Bloodlines forum:<blockquote><em>Renegade - we originally had will power in our game for that purpose, but it got dropped along with other vampires dominating or dementating you in combat for gameplay reasons. It wasn't fun, basically. You can't use your dialog feats on vampires (or dementate or dominate, for that matter) as you're a fledgling, and they're generally more powerful than you are. I don't believe you'll be seeing the prince before the game ships, people like alot of action in the gameplay movies, and he's all about talking. <br> <br>Appleseed - we originally had 7/5/3 point distribution, then when that made you too powerful to start, we dropped it to 5/4/3, and even that was too much. Basically, on most things we started with the Vamp system and balanced from there for a fun computer game experience. No, this will not be a repeat of the techs in Arcanum, that game wasn't tested nearly enough - there were too many options to cover. Since the beginning point distribution is used by every clan (though distributed differently), every testing playthrough used those stats to start, so it's been tested extensively. Sorry, no Ironman mode. To add it might be easy, it's the testing that would add too much time/difficulty since it wasn't planned for from the beginning. <br> <br>Renegade - You can't max your character sheet even if you do every side quest. And I just found out someone here did play through the game using only brawl(no melee or firearms), by the way. <br> <br>Zentarim - We had always planned for the game to be mostly first person, so we didn't plan on any character customization. It wasn't until brawl and melee began to be extremely fun that some people started playing much more of the game in third person.</em></blockquote>
Post Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:22 am
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I have seen a couple post here sayig this forum linked here is the Vm:Bloodlines offical forum.
Where are you getting this info?
I was under the impression there was NO offical site.
The one in this story is the same link in 3 past post, it is PCIGN a game site, not offical site, at least to the best of my knowledge.
Post Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:26 am
Dhruin

You don't think I'm that silly, do you? Yes, it's an IGN Vault Network board. It's always been the "official" board, just the same as the Arcanum Inn was considered the official Arcanum board and The Greyhawk Inn the offical ToEE board.

Leon himself announced the board in the Greyhawk Inn:

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=49906562&replies=10

...and you'll notice a Troika's Huy Nguyen commenting on why they don't bother with their own boards just a little futher down.
Post Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:40 am
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Thanks for the info and no I dont think your silly
I did think you were confused, thou I guess it was me

I was under the impression, http://bloodlines.dilapidation.com/ was
the SemiOffical site since it has about 4 to 5 times as many posters (there
just for Bloodlines/Vampire).
I checked IGN site you linked and on the most contversial issue, lack of MP, 2 pages of post on IGN and 18 on Dilapidation.

Another example Leon post (mostly) the same post on both sties, ie the tidbits your posting from IGN is 2 pages, on Dilapidation there are 5 pages of quesstions and answers from Leon.
Post Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:51 am