Loose Ends #2 In Chapter 3
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Loose Ends #2 In Chapter 3

1. Is Crawler Plate armor even worth it? Have the skill to get the plates but only after killing almost all the crawlers before I learned the skill--have two plates and maybe one mine location I might have missed I will revisit. Do the crawlers regenerate somewhere or am I maybe SOL??

2. Lots of battles clearing out VoM has taken its toll on potions and plants and food and beds are very few and far between. I need to restock but when returning to merchants I have bought healing potions from before they are not restocked. I'm down from a high of around 120 to 75 left. I can't find bloodflies now either. If I knew of a healing cheat I would be tempted to use it because this is a drag on the game IMHO. Why in the world can't I carry around a bed with me? So what am I missing out on here?? How to resolve healing. I'm a level 27 Paladin now. Am I still going up against to much tough stuff?? I have the Sacred Hammer(?) for stone golems but going up against several enemy at once in the SE tower/pass area of VoM took its toll and still isn't finished.

3. I apparently out-ranked the ship watch and was able to walk onboard the ship. All the guards only warn me about taking things but I have picked up everything laying around I can and although they talk tough no one has jumped me. There is one locked door I need a key for!!--maybe it is still premature to find?? I'm actually looking for the sextant too, which I figure should be on the ship somewhere. Although the quest should be broken or disappear to find a sextant, since Rodreges is dead now--it has not.

4. Likewise the Weed Package quest is still open but can't be finished properly because I gave the stupid package to Andre early on before I knew who it belonged to. I'm not into all of the drug crap in this game anyway so it is no big loss but I wish the quest would clear out one way or another.

5. Is there a way to fly or make super high jumps? In the castle there is a room with a hole in the ceiling I cannot reach/get to yet. I've tried approaching from the upper level but I think this is where there is still a locked door I cannot find a key for. I have both Gomez 1 and 2 keys.

Well, I think those are the main areas for now. I'm going to try and clean up the rest of the areas outside of VoM for a while now and go back later. Thanks for any/all help.
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:01 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

1)Monsters respawn after each chapter but I think the mine crawler armor plate
would be a waste of LP cause Paladins heavy armor is far better.By the way you can check each armor's stats(somewhere in the net lol) to see what suits you in the chapter you are.
2)If you are a Paladin then you will receive for 5LP a rune which is called
healing light wounds.....then another rune healing medium wond and in Cpapter 4 or 5 you can find a rune named healing large wounds....I think you get the point.
3)You can find the sex tant in one of the four dragons treasures.
4)Buy back the weed and sell and give it to Chip a mercenary at Onar's farm.
5)No Acrobatics skill in Gothic2 but if even there were acrobatics cant make you jump higher but farther.I cant understand where that whole you are refering is so a screenshot would help.
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:19 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

The minecrawler plate armor is worth a few xp from Wolf, but yeah, unless you don't have paladin armor, not worth getting for protection.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:37 pm
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

More Chapter 2 Loose End Info--Thanks For Help...

quote:
Originally posted by balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
1)Monsters respawn after each chapter but I think the mine crawler armor plate would be a waste of LP cause Paladins heavy armor is far better.
2)If you are a Paladin then you will receive for 5LP a rune which is called
healing light wounds...
4)Buy back the weed and sell and give it to Chip a mercenary at Onar's farm.
5)I cant understand where that hole you are refering is...

Have Knight's Armor so I'll give up on the Crawler Plate quest. Need 2 more crawlers or 4 plates--maybe in VoM after respawn.

Have 2 light heal runes but not Circle 1 yet so I can't use 'em.

Can't buy-back weed 'cause Andre has it hidden somewhere.

Besides the hole in ceiling there is a door that may relate that I cannot find/pickpocket a key for yet.

Picked up "A Very Old Map" that shows an "X" marks the spot" in the pyramid area in the NE part of map. Looked all over area though and can't figure out what/where I am suppose to find something. Do I need a pickaxe or a shovel before the location will register in the game??

Met a tramp near river that flows into lake around Monastery who won't tell me anything unless I know name of Orc cave I crawled through with him. Anything more to this one??

Cave east of Black Troll (now dead) that has a pentagram setup of light beams with a chest sitting in the center. Can't find that key. Suspect I might get it when the Eye of Innos is powered up but not sure. If not that then what??

Still loving the game but starting to get long after ~158 hours?? Thanks for all the help--keep those clues and answers coming in.
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:59 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

You have to get your paladin's runes from Albert in City hall. If you have a circle 1 heal, sell it, paladins can't use it.

The very old map belongs to Hanna, if you bring it to her, she will give you a reward and you keep the map anyway It refers to the three chests, one in each pyramid and one in a cave. Good stuff in them if you haven't found them already.

Don't worry about the tramp. He's just there for atmosphere now.

The chest in the room with 5 lights holds only a blank rune for mages. You would get the key for that chest if you ran a novice character.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:54 am