Bloodmoon Uk Release
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Finarfin
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Bloodmoon Uk Release

does anyone know when it comes out in the uk?
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:40 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Nope

We're still waiting for information about that. It went gold on the 23rd of May, and is expected to appear in the shops in America this week. Rumour is it'll be released today (Wednesday), but won't be released in the UK possibly for up to two weeks after that, I'm afraid.

Before anyone says it, they don't need time to change any of the text or anything for the UK version, and the American version will probably run unchanged on a UK installation. The two week delay is more political than technical.
Post Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:04 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Bloodmoon is in stores here in california today, out for sale so it got there at least yesterday.
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:09 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Good, going according to rumour so far...

Okay, Play.com gives a release date of 27th June:

http://www.playserver1.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=PC&title=122298

I dropped into Game today (Wednesday) to ask, but they hadn't even heard of it! I despair, I really do...
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:51 am
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

With Tribunal, I got my review copy about 12 -14 days after it's US release, and it was released in EU 9 days after I received my copy. Ubi already send me a review copy of the EU edition, and if they are on it like last time we could see it within 2 weeks.

Let's hope it for you all
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:07 am
Finarfin
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

thanks for the info. well at least i will be playing it soon.

any rumours of any further expansions, the news of the bloodmoon expansion slipped out just after tribunal went gold. morrowind lends itself very well to the use of multi expansions.
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:38 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Base on recent interview with Todd Howard, he gave a impression that unless Bloodmoon sells extremely well (triple his expectation), there won't be any further expansions.

Original Morrowind (PC) probably sold around 400,000; plus maybe 500,000 copies for Xbox. Todd clearly indicated that Xbox MW sell better than PC MW. And somehow the Tribunal expansion actually sell better than Morrowind (500,000 copies?), so that total sales of TES3 so far pretty much about 1,500,000 - one million five hundred thousand WITHOUT including the sales from new expansion, Bloodmoon. Definately can be regarded as AAA1 title, commercially very successful title.

PS - On second thought, the figures probably too high. Anyhow in the case Xbox's MW, it surely reach beyond 350,000 to 500,000 copies - because Mircosoft only selecting game that sell beyong the number to re-release in Platinum Hits version (repackaged & lower price to sell even more).
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:30 pm
methusala
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I can buy a US version of Bloodmoon here in Germany for abit more than it costs in the States. Can someone assure me that the US version is compatible with the EU english lanquage version of Morrowind and Tribunal?Or are y'all just speculating?
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:44 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by methusala
I can buy a US version of Bloodmoon here in Germany for abit more than it costs in the States. Can someone assure me that the US version is compatible with the EU english lanquage version of Morrowind and Tribunal?Or are y'all just speculating?

No assurance. I can only say that some people reported success running US Tribunal on UK/EU English Morrowind - I can't say anything about the accuracy of these statements, their applicability to Bloodmoon, or even the impact of any potential differences in software versions. Bethesda give no assurance that US Bloodmoon will be compatible with UK Morrowind, and they're the only ones you can hold to any statement like this.

I'm personally just going to wait two weeks. I've got to go and settle a few scores with Vivec before I'm free to leave the island. No time like the present...
Post Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:43 pm
methusala
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Thanks for the reply m8....think I'll wait as well,just to be on the safe side. My Nord is so powerful now that only a return home will do him any good.A little tip for people having probs with the real bad guys and goddesses....get marksman at the beginning and train it up! You won't have any probs then once you get your hands on some good darts(dwarf darts)
Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:05 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

I would imagine that now Ubisoft have confirmed a distribution agreement for Europe, firm dates will start to filter through.

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php#17665
Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:24 am
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Re: Good, going according to rumour so far...

quote:
Originally posted by cfmdobbie
I dropped into Game today (Wednesday) to ask, but they hadn't even heard of it! I despair, I really do...

I sympathise I really do. It really boils down to pot luck with "Game". We have two branches where I am, one of which has a member of staff who is really switched onto the pc scene, but the others are pretty much useless. The other branch has no one useful at all.

The thing is that I have been into game branches in quite a few towns across the country and the staff all seem to be more or less cut from the same cloth.

At the end of the day, it would be easy to blame the staff for reverting to slack jawed mode whenever you ask them a question. But I think that the management is really to blame.

I don't really like to generalise, so bear in mind that I am going on my own experience of "Game" staff here. The stores I have visited have many things in common, but one of the main ones it seems to me, is that they hire bits of kids who seem to be mostly clued up on consoles.

Personally I can't get my head around this because when I was in retail (which I was for many years in roles from junior staff to management across the board) we were required to know the stock we were selling. We were expected to be able to give a reasonable account of ourselves when asked questions. The thing is, we were able to perform this task to a man, despite the fact that few of us really had a real interest in the stock... it was the job.

But selling PC games? I'd love to have worked in a place like "Game" when I was a kid. We had weekly staff training sessions to keep us up to date in product knowledge. I mean for goodness sake there are monthly magazines that keep us ordinary proles in the know as to what the biggest upcoming titles are. Why can't these guys just be given a selection of those to read in training. (Assuming they don't get them at home)

There really is no excuse why any of us should ever be given a vacant expression when we ask questions about main stream releases.

Oh... and if anyone reading this is a really clued up "Game" staff member and is now holding their hands up in horror..... get a transfer down to my neck of the woods please, because we need you.

Badger

ps: I had this rant before I think. Apologies for repeating myself.
Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:32 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

quote:
Originally posted by Mephisto
With Tribunal, I got my review copy about 12 -14 days after it's US release, and it was released in EU 9 days after I received my copy. Ubi already send me a review copy of the EU edition, and if they are on it like last time we could see it within 2 weeks.

Let's hope it for you all

So where do u work for?? GameKings :p? Gammo? PCGameplay??

Gothic II Credits
Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:54 pm