Usergroups
Things i would like to see in Gothic II
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
PapaStalin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gothic is one of the best FRP games I have played, but I hope that Gothic II is going to be even better. In my opinion fans that hang on these forums can really help developing team to make an outstanding game. It would be great if the programmers could discuss with us different aspects of Gothic II. Together we could make it the best FRP ever! So I want to write things I would like to see in Gothic II. Other forum members are welcome to comment, write their own lists… because if a lot of us think that some feature would be great to implement than there is a good chance that developers will listen to us! Here it is:

Things I would like to see in Gothic II

· Lock picking (chest digit combinations should be random)
· Inventory limited with carrying capacity (determined by strength)
· Horses which can be mounted (trained horses can be bought, and wild horses can be tamed), also you can put more cargo on a horse than you could carry
· More animations done in game engine
· More diverse combat movement, attack combos
· Usage of shields (from bucklers to big shields), (with one handed weapons only), (example: when you want to block opponents strike you rise left hand – shield, your right hand – sword swings back, so when opponent hits the shield your left hand goes back, and you strike him with the sword…
· Bracers, boots, cloaks (which can be seen on the character)…
· More skills which can be learned
· Making all skills worth learning (not like acrobatics, pick pocketing, sneaking…)
· Bigger cities, also many villages
· Player can have a real life besides solving quests (he can get employment like merchant, blacksmith, assassin, guard, peasant, baker, cook, soldier…). I think that it is very important for any FRP/RPG to have a world in witch character can lead his virtual life and do as many things as he can do in the real world.
· Items should have changing values depending on supply and demand
· More armor (which is divided into parts like head, body and leg armor), also armor can be taken from dead people, also armor for horses…
· All stuff like weapons and armor should be able to break if they sustain enough damage
· Player could hire other NPC’s to work for him (like bodyguards, employees in his shop, workers on his plantation
· Game world even bigger than one in Gothic (several big islands and many smaller)
· Ships (transport and military) which travel regularly, the player would be also able to buy his own ship, and could sail where he wants (also could transport goods to sell on other island where prices are higher)
· More women, also different models of people (tall, short, fat, skinny…)
· The player is able to buy his own apartment/shop/house/farm… or player could also be able to rent expensive things like ships, houses, shops… he would pay weekly rent
· Player gets tired (after long run, tough fight, not sleeping for a week…) when he’s tired his stats go down (like strength, perception, dexterity…), player also has to eat and drink (if you end up with no water for 3-4 days you die)…
· Character creation before the game starts (attributes, skills…)
· You are able to knock your opponent down with a powerful weapon like mace, flail (critical hits)… (it can also happen to you)
· More usable weapons, in Gothic I only used “Diggers discipline”, than “Stone crusher”, “Orc hammer”, “Light two hander”… I think that each weapon should be good for something (short sword for wolf, spear for those big lizards…)
· Blacksmith can repair your weapons, shields, he can upgrade your weapons, shields… each weapon can be enhanced by blacksmith or by you if you learn that skill…
· No more health restoration potions, you can have skill like “first aid” and be able to use bandages or something else, there would also be doctors that can fix you up
· Character would sustain damage in different parts of body (head, arms, legs…) if your leg is hurt you can’t run, if arm is hurt you can’t use weapons/shields as good as before…
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:49 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=2048&forum=2&56

Four long pages of discussion about same topic
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:11 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Interesting first post.
It´s a good idea to spawn your post into the other thread. Maybe you can revitalize the discussion.

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2002-01-24 17:31 ]
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:30 pm

Hahaha may as well buy Morrowind
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:03 am

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Where?
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 6:06 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

oh we will...
we will
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 7:06 pm
Capt Killer
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

well if he can do everything in the real world ...i think he should be able to pick up a hooker or 2 to take home and have a good time with....and get health out of it. muhahaha
Post Sun Jan 27, 2002 6:06 pm

I agree on the Morrowmind bit. Everything could have been summed up by saying...

"I would like Gothic II to be Morrowmind, please."

Ah, if they cave and put multiplayer in Morrowmind... if they cave...

Fact is, Gothic II is already in production (though they still won't admit it). Your wish list is too late. They're using the same engine, which means any change to the way a character acts/levels/etc will be minor or cosmetic, and additional art skins for various locations like cloaks, helmets, etc, will be unlikely.

But we can hope.
Post Mon Jan 28, 2002 1:59 pm