Members
Usergroups
Help! Where is Rethan Manor??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Tandar

Help! Where is Rethan Manor??

I asked this in the spoilers forum a couple days ago, but it was not answered. I do not think this would be considered a spoiler, so I wanted to ask here. I have a land deed for Rethan Manor that is supposed to be South of Balmora and on the eastern shore of the river. I am pretty sure that there should be a house or something there since the npc I bought it from mentioned "the abandoned manor" or something like that.

I would really appreciate any help finding this place!
Post Mon May 13, 2002 4:47 pm

Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

This is a spoiler question. Because you get the location of the Rethran manor by talking to NPCs after you have certain items.

Hint: Hlaalu council in Balmorra, talk there once you have high enough rank. Someone knows.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 4:51 pm
Tandar

OK, sorry about the spoiler then.

I thought I talked to everyone at the council, but I will go back. Thanks for the help!
Post Mon May 13, 2002 5:00 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Xanaki
This is a spoiler question. Because...

Moved to spoiler forum.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 5:03 pm
KPeh
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Go from Balmora, pass the Slit Strider and walk down the right side of the Odia river. Go past the bridge which is a little after the egg mine with two people camped outside it, and soon you'll see the manor on your right.

How do I know? I had to kill the owner of it for a Telivanni quest
Post Mon May 13, 2002 10:15 pm
Tandar

Thanks KPeH!

If that's where it is, then the directions on the land deed itself are wrong. It says that the manor is located south of Balmora, but on the other side of the river, the east side. I never looked on the west side!
Post Tue May 14, 2002 2:10 pm

KPeh
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Maybe the deed said east comming from Balmora? Ah well. Here's a screenshot of the exact place:

KPeh
Post Tue May 14, 2002 4:02 pm
Tandar

Thanks again KPeh! For the screenshot too! I am pretty sure the deed said the place was on the eastern side of the river south of Balmora, but maybe that was intentional, part of a quest maybe?? Anyway, I know where home is now!
Post Tue May 14, 2002 7:13 pm

Tandar

Well, I give up. Rethan Manor does not exist on my map. Maybe it is triggered by something, but that does not seem right. I even went into the TES and saw where it should be located, but it is not there in the game. If anyone else is curious, check the location that KPeH shows in his screenshot and see if anything is there. From what I could tell in the TES, it should be a fairly large structure.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 3:09 am

it's obviously there on his, but it is NOT there on mine.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 4:33 am

KPeh
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I've just had an idea. I *think* Master Avron said that I had to kill 'So and so of the *Newly Completed* Renthan mannor'. Maybe that's what it is - or what it isn't - built yet. Just an idea (maybe I'm confused here, but I think that's what he said).

If I remember I'll take a screenshot later of my journal (if it's in it).

KPeh
Post Wed May 15, 2002 4:19 pm
OldScho0l74
Village Leader
Village Leader

NOT THERE YET

I have been searching for this for a while but I don't see it anywhere. I guess the building does not exist yet. I have explored all of this region throughlyand can't find it. Does anyone know where to get the quest? If so, please tell. Thanx
Post Thu May 16, 2002 1:36 am
Tandar

That's interesting KPeH. And it would actually fit into the story/game world and make sense!

Although if that is a quest to kill the owner of the manor, then there's a small continuity problem since the guy I bought the deed from mentioned the place being abandoned. no biggie though.

BTW, where is master Avron?
Post Thu May 16, 2002 2:53 pm

Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

Isn't that a great house stronghold?? You get it when high enough rank I believe in the fighter house. Not sure though.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 3:09 pm
FrGGr
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

You get it when you achieve high enough rank in Great House Hlaalu. You must purchase the land deed and get a construction contract approved from the Duke. It does take time to get built once all this is done.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 3:11 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next