Members
Usergroups
How do you Role Play?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Guest Dare

How do you Role Play?

I'm currently working on a female mage character that's a major flirt.

I'm having a blast running around to all the male characters and "admiring" them until their disposition is 100. I've started getting some hilarious results! Just walking around town the guards are saying things like "I pray that I may be worthy of your attention" instead of the old "move along."
LOL, they even say that when I'm not talking to them. I just have to walk close to them to hear it. And some of the things the NPC's will say to you !

I just LOVE the things you can do with this game!
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:36 am

Guest Dare

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also get a lot of compliments from NPC's on my clothes!
I even managed to make some of the female NPC's jealous of me
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:40 am

Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

That sounds like fun

Well, I am roleplaying in a way that my char is very loyal to the Empire and thus doesn't steal from institutions of the Empire, nor steal from human looking NPC's. He's a little xenophobic and doesn't like elves - in fact, he really HATES wood elfes (thus Fragoth is still looking for his silly ring *g*).

My character hasn't joined one of th houses yet, and if he will ever do, than the one most loyal to the empire.
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:45 am
Guest Dare

Ah yes, Fargoth. My first boyfriend !
This poor fellow was so distraught over his ring when I got off the boat that I just HAD to help him out.

LOL
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:54 am

Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

You character sounds a bit like my first

She's a Wood elf Thief/Assassin - Basically she pinches everything that isn't locked down (and if it is locked down - she picks the lock ). Her personality is 100 and here speechcraft is 80 - great fun to "admire" the Ordinaters from 54% to 100% in one go She also enjoys killing people that she can get away with (i.e. those by themselves) - Her only weakness is slaves as she likes to help them. She is currently in The Morag Tong, House Hlaadu, Twin Lamps, Thief guild and the Mages Guild (oh and the Blades).

I then started a character much like Rend's - An Imperial Knight. He doesn't steal anything. Never kills "Human" NPC unless ordered to. I thought it would make it boring and tough but it doesn't is make it a bit more challenging. He is in the Blades, Imperial Legion and the Imperial Cult. He occasionally raids local Dark elf tombs but their local religion is just mumbo jumbo not like the true beliefs of the Cult

It's good fun playing very different characters -My next two will be Dark elves. I plan to play a Tribal next, then a heartless mage who will only join one fraction - maybe one House in particular - Heartless, evil mages - now who could he join?
~~Champion of the (Unofficial) RPGdot Text Signature Contest 2002~~
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:12 pm
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

I am playing the opposite of Rendelius, i don't like the Empire and the Temple, but i am Master of Redoran/Thieves/Mages/Morag Tong/Fighters.
I haven't done much for the Blades (Main Quest), but i am helping the Twin Lamps and the Ashlanders.
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:11 pm
Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I'm not sure if this is role playing or not, but.. My nord fighter is big, ugly and strong. Everytime he sees something even the slightest shiny on someone else (whoever that may be) he just taunts then 5 times and they will attack and he will kill them with 1-2 blows. Most often the shiny thing is just a piece of steel something, but..

There are a few villages along the east coast that consist of like.. 2 guards. (since almost all guards have the same crappy eq anyhow). I do have quite a reputation though.. As soon as I enter a bar people start saying stuff like.. Uh, I forgot what they say but they usually start off with 15-20% when I talk to them.. 5 bribes later I have them at 100% anyhow, so it really doesn't matter.
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:27 pm

This is one of the first role-playing games where I've actually felt I was ROLE-PLAYING, and felt like my character was more than a collection of stats. My character is a Breton Duelist, who I fully intended on playing as a relativly honorable sword fighter, but as soon as I hit Balmora, she's trying to join the Theives guild! I really didn't intend that, but she was very insistent. She's now pretty high up in the Guild and embroling herself in the seedier aspects of House politics... gosh I love this game.

I try to keep her using a Saber (the most "duelist" type weapon in the game), but since I've only found iron and steel sabers so far, she's using a Silver longsword to take care of ghosties right now. Won't let her use claymores or daikatanas, she just doesn't look like she's fencing with them.
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 4:03 pm

Gomez The Mad
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

How to role-play. If your a guy, put on a dress, wig, and make-up. Congratulations, you officially know how to role-play now. No need to thank me.
No self control, he just lets his emotions go.
~The Definition of a Madman

=Member of the Flamers' Guild=
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:23 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Seems like roleplaying turns out to be difficult this time around - at least for me. It was easier in the olden days (~Daggerfall) when I answered my questions, got my battlemage, and bang!!! there we went!

I didn't have troubles playing a battlemage at all. Or at that, sticking to a cliché.

Nowadays it's different, as it turned out. I've been spoiled by games where you started with a complete tabula rasaand could develop your char over time... like PS:T or Gothic, and I've been severly spoilt by the Thief series.

Now I have my Imperial fighter, but what do I do? I have to watch her fingers more closely than my own because if I'm a bit unconcentrated she tries to steal anything that's in her way!

Should I start anew, making a new char, or should I see how far I can get with a thieving Imperial fighter...?
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:41 pm
Hawthorne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I started out with two characters but have kind of settled on my female character "Fiona".

I don't really get into the role-playing thing a lot, but I do try and wear clothes that go together, and look good.

I always take off my helmet when I'm not in a dangerous area, as would a real person. Sometime I remove all my armor and just wear my clothes until I go back out hunting again.

I never steal anything since early in the game, when I was poor.
I don't even loot things from the tombs that aren't valuble or something I can use.

I always try and help people and if I agree to take some one some where I stick with it until I get them there. I haven't worked on personality so a lot of people dont like me very much, but my character is very independent.

She has used only long blade weapons, level 104 now.
The funny thing is that the first sword that I found in the game is still the best one that I have. In fact I now have 4 Stormblades that I rotate to keep charged. I have tried others but none seem to do the job as well.

Some of the things that are missing from the game are hats and umbrellas. I would like to have a hat to wear out in the sun or rain.
The only hat I have seen is the yellow pointed one. No hats with brims.

Mike
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:53 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

There is a mod that adds four 'Gandalf' hats to the Balmora Mage's Guild.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:02 pm