MMORPGDot Feature: Monday Mutterings: About a Site
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Hyrrix
Fourty-two
Fourty-two

MMORPGDot Feature: Monday Mutterings: About a Site

In todays Monday Mutterings <A href="http://www.mmorpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=823">editorial</A> we don't talk about mmorpg's for once. Instead, I decided to write about MMORPGDot itself... about the site, our future plans, the reasons why we're here and the goals we have. You can find the article <A href="http://www.mmorpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10053&ID=823">here</A>.
Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:48 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I like staying up to speed with MMOs. A lot. In fact i always come here first to find out whats happening in the industry. Thats just my interests. One thing you might wanna try doing, if its possible, is try advertising MMORPGdot on the big sites so that more people come here. I know i am one of the most active readers here, with a few others are always welcome. In fact, we need more people here. One problem is that many MMO players are caught up actually playing these time-intensive games, and therefore only go to sites that specifically cater to their current game. I used to do that too before i knew about RPGDot. So you might want to get more players over here by having a link to MMORPGdot specifically stating that its the most current MMO news site on the planet. Most people dont come here because they simply dont know that this place exists, unlike Stratics which has a huge reader-based. I know that a lot of new people come here as a result of your interviews, but dont really post comments or anything because they are busy-bee players. They just hover here, and thats fine. So maybe there are a lot of people that read the news but just dont interact. Also, on the main Dragon Empires site and Darkfall site, there are links to the interviews that were done here on MMORPGdot. That brings in a few new people.

What id like to see more of? Definately i am most interested in is information about upcoming games. Thats the reason i come here, is to get info on games that i might want to play soon. Beta announcements are important to me. Also i look for interviews with devs and chats with devs. Anything that has to do with the developers is of HIGH interest to me. I love that stuff! Id for sure want to participate in dev chat if you guys host it, but i am hopeful that i might not be the only one in there. Like i said, while i think many readers come here, not many are very vocal, it seems.

Anyway, im not really interested in the low-budget MMOs. I dont buy those. Except for certain ones that have promise, like Dragon Empires, Darkfall, Trials of Ascension, ect... I am more interested in the major titles. But thats just me, heh.
Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:05 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Forgot to say that i really appreciate this website.
Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:06 pm
Black_Lord
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Heh, remember Lum the mad, and wtfman.com? They were (sort of) mmorpg sites. Not to mention funny as heck sometimes.

I read Lum's site like it was some kind of crazy religion, after all, at the time I was addicted to Everquest, yet did not like the way Verant forced me to play in thier world. If a game / company sucks, let the world know. Let me know.

That is why I read rpgdot, but I no longer play mmorpg's. They are silly places, full of kewl dO0dz and PoW3rgam3rz. I got better things I can waste my time on. And those are free.

Edit: I also read the reviews on MMORPGS from this site.

My suggestion would be a day to day game evaluation from a frequent player of a new MMORPG.

How the game plays over time, with level and skill raises, how the player vs. player enviorment is. How the other players in-game behave, as in role playing, general behavior, etc. You could also have polls on whether or not you should continue to evaluate the game.

This is basically what the sites I listed above did, only they didn't often use the best tact, that is one thing rpgdot has that they did not.

Last edited by Black_Lord on Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:23 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Then why do comment here? They were asking for suggestions about what the readership wants. Ur post was useless.
Post Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:44 pm
Black_Lord
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

It is called free speech.
Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:19 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Well okey then.
Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:33 pm