Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What are the best *items* to enchant (can hold the most)?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Rhys

What are the best *items* to enchant (can hold the most)?

Well, I finally got Azura's Star and created an Amulet of the Wee Saint to summon a golden saint... (yes, I am blatantly exploiting as I play with enchantment). So now I have infinite saint souls to experiment with constant-effect enchantments (my ring of regeneration has proven to be fun and not a game-breaker, so I'm just playing now).

But the real question--what *items* hold enchantments best? Since Rhys is unarmored and already has an excellent mace, there aren't any armor or weapon items that he needs (or wants). But all the clothing items I find, even exquisite, can only hold tiny amounts (40-60, or in special cases 120). Now, this isn't bad, but it's not amazing either. Are there particular items which really hold a charge well BESIDES the high-end armor-weapons?

-->Rhys
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:06 am

Rob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Number one: 40-60 is NOT a tiny amount when it comes to enchanting. try enchanting a glass longsword( 4!).

Number two: best things to enchant are Exquisite amulets(120) and Helvu lockets(120) (you can find around 30 hlervu lockets in the mansions under skar just steal.), and Exquisite rings are good.

my Dark Elf is wearing 2 enchanted Exquisite rings, 1 Enchanted Exquisite amulet an Enchanted Exquisite shirt , enchanted exquisite pants, enchanted exquisite skirt(hey he can wear it and it holds enchantments) and an enchanted exquisite robe, oh and some enchanted exquisite shoes, Just get all that stuff and enchant it, best stuff i have found for enchanting.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:40 am
hi there baby

tower shield holds 120
daedric gloves=60
take the vaule of any clothing/amulets/rings and divide it by 2 to find the amount of enchantment it can hold. so exquisites hold 120(value 240)..etc.
ebony bracers=40
silver items(armor/weapons) seem to hold more than you would think, but i haven't tried them out yet(too lazy )

well thats all i can remeber off the top of my head...hope it helps
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:29 pm

MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

I just rummaged through the Construction kit and...

It seems there are few items that brake the 120 point capacity. Most notable being Eleidon's Ward tower shield with 3000, but it is already enchanted, so you can forget about adding stuff to it.

The highest actually enchantable weapon seems to be ebony staff at 90.

The highest armor is Daedric Towershield, of which there are 4 in the game, with the capacity of 225. Daedric Shield and Ebony Towershield seem to be tied for the second place at 150. All other armor items seem to be at 100 or less.

As far as clothing goes, 120 seems to be max. 6th House Amulet has 130, but is already enchanted.

Books (includes perchments, papers, scrolls, notices, pamphlests, etc) have either 10 or none.

No other items seem to be enchantable.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:49 pm
Rhys

Aaah. Okay, then.

Okay, that makes more sense then (I kinda was surprised that the rings and such were "so low", not realizing that I was simply being too ambitious with stuff like constant effect jumping shoes and such).

Makes more sense now; thanks.

-->Rhys
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:34 pm

Prgrmr@wrk

A 240 enchantable ring

Remember that ring you get early in the game? The one that you get in the first town, from the guy who murdered that tax collector. Sorry I can't remember any names...
Anyways, the ring can be enchanted with 240 points! Double that of any other jewelry I have. THough it's all pointless, since even with enchant of 52 I still haven't been able to make any magic items... Bah.

BTW, the ring's name starts with val or something. Vallasius maybe.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:06 pm

Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I was able to enchant at a relatively low level, but I realize now that one of the problems I was having with enchanting was that I was trying to enchant when my character was exhausted. Try resting for a while and your success rate should improve.

Deadric Weapons should hold lots of enchantment, you'd think, but don't (20-21 points). Even so, I've made some pretty deadly weapons - Deadric Dai Katana that steals 7-17 points of health on each strike - tough to lose with that one. Made it with a grand soul gem so it has lots of strikes before it runs out. The trouble is, it's so good that my mage skills are falling way behind my fighter skills.
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:40 am
some guy

Does the level of your enchant skill determine how much magnitude/duration/area you can cram into each enchantment point? I have 45 enchant and 10 enchant characters and it seems this way. With a 45 enchant I can make a 10 sec levitate with 2-3 magnitude at cost 1. With 10, I can only get a 6 second 2-2 magnitude 1 cost levitate. Is this a bug or is it supposed to be like this?
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 1:18 am

Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Weapons:
Daedric Long Bow: 105
Daedric Shortsword: 120
Daedric Wakizashi: 135
Daedric Spear: 150
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:45 am

those daedric figures are inaccurate, I'm sure of it. Perhaps you're running a mod?

ANyway, daedric shields hold 150 charge, ebony shields hold 100, and very important here:
ebony staves hold 90. you can make those things absolutely lethal weapons...like mine adds 100 electrical and 100 cold damage...but you could do a lot. that's about 69 points higher than any other weapon I've seen.
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:17 am

some guy

someone going to answer my question?

Anyway, daedric warhammers are pretty big hitters. I don't know the enchantment though. I think it is rather low, like 12 or something.
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:31 am

Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

[quote="Anonymous"]those daedric figures are inaccurate, I'm sure of it. Perhaps you're running a mod?

No mod. Those are the figures that appear in the Official Strategy guide. They may actually be innacurate. Do you have by any chance accurate numbers?
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:59 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Drakton
No mod. Those are the figures that appear in the Official Strategy guide. They may actually be innacurate. Do you have by any chance accurate numbers?

Both of you are correct. There are two units that exist. The internal game units and what the game displays on screen. The conversion rate is 10x. So, if you look into the editor, the numbers listed above will be shown. If you look at the same items in the game, the numbers will be 1/10th of that. We have been talking about the end-user numbers that the game displays.

That means that Daedric Long Bow is 10, shortsword 12, wakizashi 13, spear 15 (these numbers could be slightly different, depending on what sort of a rounding scheme is used).

Someguy, I haven't noticed any difference in the potency of the enchantments based on your skill. But I have noticed many bugs with the enchanting. The code that computes how much you can cram into the item is badly broken. Seems the first enchantment you put in is handled differently than others. This also throws things out of whack when you start deleting enchantments from the list. For example, take a Daedric Katana. Start the process of enchantment. Add Paralyze to the list, make it for last 3s. Now add Absorb Health and max it out until you reach max amount of enchantment. Now delete Paralyze from the list. Edit Absorb Health and max it out again. Remember the numbers you have for absorb health as the only enchantment. Now cancel everything and restart the process. Now, in the fresh window pick Absorb Health as the only enchantment and max it out. Compare numbers.

Hagatha, try Daedric Katana with 44 point Absorb Health.

Prgrmr@wrk, could you please check your sources? If what you say is true, could you please post a screen shot of that? The editor has no such item listed in it. I didn't bother finding the actual guy that is supposed to give you the item, but no ring with 240 enchantment ability is listed.
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:48 pm
hi there

ebony shield is 120, not 100 or 150, but 120. I know because i put a constant effect fortify strength 12 and speeed 12 points each on it. Again, ebony shield is one hundred and twenty(120).
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:48 pm

that's possible...I was remembering the ebony as 100 but you're probably right...I AM sure about the daedric shield though.
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:07 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next