Portal Spell and Chinkash, help me!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Portal Spell and Chinkash, help me!

Am i the only one having problems learning the open portal spell from Chinkash? It doesnt appear in my spellbook and i can get no runes (i got lots) to go into my spellbook, including hers. Can anyone help me? I dont wanna wander through this game anymore without being able to use the portals. The Chinkash movie played and she gave me the runes... but nothing happens with my spellbook after that. Is this a technical bug or my own game playing (I have int 11, lvl 5, casting 60). Who do you write to for bug fixes?
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:38 pm
Valdis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Check your journal. That's where important information given to you by NPCs is stored. The correct runes are listed in there.

Also, not all spells are shown in your spellbook. For example, just about any spell with the Yok (fire) rune can also be cast using the Fridd (cold) rune intead of Yok to get a cold based spell similar to the fire based spell, but it will never show up in your spellbook.
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:18 pm
Jung
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I just past that part last night. The two runes appear in my inventory. I then use them to add to F4 spellbook. Just stand in front of transporter and trace the two runes to activate.
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:24 pm
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

teleport problems

I had a bug because I chose to play my demo character rather than making a new one after buying the game...Chinkashh never spoke to me or gave me the teleport runes...there is no listing in my journal...but I got them elsewhere and just started casting the spell at all of the teleports...all but GREU'S at level 2 work for me ...but I haven't gone past level 6 yet...GOOD LUCK

THE TAROT
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:16 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

That's somewhat interesting: since your savegame includes the demo "map" so to speek... or at least the demo information about the map and on the demo map you CAN'T enable the teleporter, then you can't do it in the full game either. It makes some kind of sense. Though I don't know why you didn't get to see Chinkash.
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:06 pm
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

teleport at GREU'S

In whatever version of the game I'm playing...having CHIKLASHH speak to me and give me the runes to activate the teleporters seems to be tied into completing the KING L clear passage quest 1st...because of the demo bug and my own tendency to explore and not follow the walkthru's order...I got the runes elsewhere because I wanted an easier way to travel ...so I had already activated 2 teleporters on my own before I had finally gotten that KING L quest for clearing the passageway completed and remember I never got that quest from him either(demo bug)

THE TAROT
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:51 pm