PETA - a "hidden" faction?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Lisje
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

PETA - a "hidden" faction?

OK, my character in Morrowind is FAST. I guess it comes naturally, I play a bard in EQ and I'm used to being able to outrun anything that doesn't summon. So I frequently find myself having creatures follow me to town in this world.

Imagine my surprise the first time killing a wayward rat in Caldera to be informed "Your crime has been reported" and FINED? The Ashlanders are even worse, they immediately turn on you! (They are hunters... I guess I was poaching?)

Well, I've learned now to run out of town to handle such dirty work. The 'People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals' have a HUGE base of support in Morrowind.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 6:10 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

heheh,... true... true... i hate when that happens. but you gotta realize, that this isnt eq, and running to the guards screaming for help doesnt work as well....

Don't you feel better now?
Post Thu May 30, 2002 6:13 pm
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

The guards always seem to help me.

In fact one of my funniest moments in Morrowind was standing at the top of the Stilt Strider port in Ald-ruhn and watching a Redoran Guard run out into the wilderness and beat down a Cliff Racer

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Thu May 30, 2002 7:08 pm
LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

Actually what happened was that you accidentally hit the guard as he/she came to exterminete your "unwanted" pet. You can kill anything that follows you to town in town without consequences, or leave it to guards.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 10:50 pm
Joey999
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yeah I had that happen to me in Caius' house on Balmora. I was using his bed to sleep in and was awoken by "something" which I won't spoil. I killed it, but hit Caius in the process. He got pissed and went at me. I ended up killing him, and got the "You've really screwed up and can't go any further" messages, and had to start from a quicksave.
Post Fri May 31, 2002 4:22 am
simland
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I don't know, I see guards going after rats all the time.

First time I saw it happen the guard was about 50 feet from me and yelled something like "Die you dirty scum!" Me being a theif naturally thought he was comming for me and started to panic with my 15 life. On the brink of attacking him/running in terror he ran past me like a lunatic and proceeded to thrash a poor rat with his giant longsword. PETA member? I think not.
Post Fri May 31, 2002 7:59 pm
Lawnmower
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Lifeguard Legion!

Out near Seyda Neen my first game, I was swimming just off the town when a slaughterfish jumped me. I panicked and ran. A Legionnare was passing by and decided to take a swim. He jumped into the water and started beating down on this poor fish while I was just sitting there, laughing my ass off. Then another fish him, and two more...THWACK! THACK! This guy was just treading water, slicing and dicing fish after fish while I was enjoying my first "Morrowind Moment". Downright High-larious.

PS. Only time I've ever seen an NPC swim (not counting a skeleton).

Don't do drugs. Pick one and stick with it.
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:21 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I saw the same thing when I was playing my Argonian. Difference is, I followed him out... and for a second he went underwater (glitch or deliberate, I don't know). Well... being the fiend that I am... I didn't let him surface.

Man, those guys take a long time to drown...

Made a bit of money off his stuff, though.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 5:32 am
DarthBryy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Whats reall fun is when more than one guard comes out to teach the rats and cliff racers respect.
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 6:35 am