Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
The list of people I've slain in Gothic. Any advice for me?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

I have slain/murdered/fragged the following people.
I heard something somewhere about certain people you "can't" kill or it will screw up the whole game.
UH.
Okay.
So tell me if there was someone here I should not have slain:

Mud--after causing the game to crash a few times by initiating dialogue that conflicted with another dialogue or action command of mine, I decided to finally off the poor sod.

Arlos--I just wanted to talk to him on his way to his room and he accused me of trying to steal his sword and attacked me! What a dumbass. I didn't want to kill him, but then he got back up and attacked me again. Time to die Arlos.

Mordragg--I had no time to follow him around to New Camp or any interest in meeting the mages or some crap, if it was going to slow down my entry to the castle through Thorus. So I dispatched the tird.

Two Guards, two Shadows in front of Old Camp castle, a couple diggers too--they just got in the way.

Homer--I killed the lurker at the dam for this asshole, I guess there was a game trigger bug, cuz after he thanked me, HE ATTACKED ME! I cut him down, left him alive, though, cuz guards nearby were attacking me. Several level-ups later, I went back to New Camp and saw him again in the town. I paid him a visit. I was the last visitor he'd ever have.

Lares--killing Homer set off a chain reaction. I figured, since I'm with Gomez's guys, I might as well kill the competition. Call it, "target of opportunity".

Half of all the "named" mercs and guards on Lares's section of street in New Camp.

Lee and Orson (or whoever the other guy was), and their guards--I figured, "I killed Lares!", so I might as well kill Lee too.

Necrolis and Co.--"I want to join you.", "Oh, but you first must prove yourself, you must do this, do that, then do this, and do that, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!"--*THOPP!*. Too bad you can't just go,"TRAIN ME OR DIE!", in killing Necrolis, I also killed all the other water mages, except the Santugus (or whatever his name was, their leader), and Cronus, those were the only two I "spared".

The Rice Lord guy--the Rice Baron, or Rice Leader, or whatever he was called at New Camp. I killed a couple "named" guards of his after what's-his-name told me to give the peasants water and I told him to do it him damn self, we fought. I killed him. Rice-Lord guy comes running with his croonies, I offed them all as well as a few peasants and fleeing guards.

A few New Camp mercernaries and gate guards who chased me out of New Camp earlier in the game. I came back, singled them out, and then slayed them all.

I think that was about it, but I also think I forgot a few others.

I noticed, some characters in the game can't be killed, so, I'm going to assume I can kill anyone I want cuz the important ones are going to stay alive, MAYBE.

I could not kill: Gomez, Santurus (whatever his name was in New Camp, leader of them mages), Diego (I was pretty sure I couldn't kill him), or Thorus (I can probably kill him if I try now, not sure I care to though).

I haven't bothered anyone in the swamp camp yet, they are just a bunch of pot-headed hippies in loinclothes! But the whole "Hey, let's do drugs and worship the Sleeper!" thing is kinda annoying to me, I might off some of their instructors and gurus. Will have to think about it.

UH, yeah, so that's about it.
SO, CAN I still finish the game even though I dispatched these people?

Post Mon Jan 21, 2002 5:14 am

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You forgot to mention in which chapter you are.
Post Mon Jan 21, 2002 5:25 am

OH, I didn't know that mattered.

I'm, STILL IN CHAPTER ONE!

How do you get to the next chapters? Why did they even bother with chapters in a game like this?
I'm already a Shadow and doing my first task for Raven (I might expire him, he is kinda annoying). That's where I'm at in the game.
I've been playing this game for two days straight and that's how far I've got, still on Chapter One! There's so much to do, and you have to run around killing things just to level up enough to be able to kill the things roaming around that will probably kill you first.
Uh, anyways.

Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 12:44 am

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I doubt youŽll be able to finish the game. When you need help from the NC youŽll find out if you killed the wrong NPCs.
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 1:01 am
soltys
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Are you serious ? You killed them all in first chapter ? Your mission in this game is "to get out of prison" not "to kill everyone"

But you will be able to kill a lot of orcs / people later !

[ This Message was edited by: soltys on 2002-01-22 06:54 ]
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 12:53 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

You'll be fine
You'll still be able to finish the game too
You should also kill these people too before you get too far into the game:
Xardas,
Diego,
Milten,
Gorn,
Raven,
Gomez,
All the NC Mecenaries
Everyone in Sect Camp
Great Job :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: Shrapnel on 2002-01-22 08:29 ]
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 2:27 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Don't forget
Drax.
Ralford.
Pacho.
Nek - if he's already dead; cast the resurrection spell and then kill him again
Gilbert.
Gor Na Drak.
Aidon.
Cavalorn.
Just keep up the carnage and you can't go wrong.
You might have screwed up by killing Mud, as he is a very important part of the game. Oh, the stories I could tell you about Mud. Perhaps after some rice schnapps. Perhaps..
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 3:35 pm

When you are in the last chapter, you can kill pretty much anyone. They lose their "immortal" flag then. I haven't messed with the Sect Camp alot but screwing around I've cleaned out everyone in the Old Camp and New Camp. Fun to use cheat, and posess one of the Orc Temple Guards and run into the towns killing people. Most of the characters have no chance again the Orcs warrior caste. A few named people like Gomez, Scar, Saturas and other big wigs can fairly easily though.. Quite amusing.
Post Tue Jan 22, 2002 10:50 pm