Members
Usergroups
Starting out in the game problems...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Baron

Starting out in the game problems...

Ok i started out as a wood nymph, i am an archer/thief. So far, I am not able to really kill anything in the dungeons around the starting town or near the closest one. I have a longbow, and a crosbow and still cannot kill anything ,everything just seems to hit me too hard. I am still level 2, and have been playing the game for two days.

Should I start a new melee character? It seems like my style of play is going towards the heavy armor/sword type, and the archer seems too weak.

Could anyone give me any advice on this?
Post Tue May 07, 2002 2:52 am

Beo
Space Defender
Space Defender

1. Did you aim your targets right? For tall ones, you have to aim it around the neck; for short ones, aim the lower body.

2. Do you have any close combat skills?

3. If your selected race has moderate strength and agility, you still can be an archer/thief wearing heavy armor, shooting arrows/bolts while sneaking around. Of course, you have to select them as your major/minor skills to be effective. Just skip your boots when you sneak(checkout your manual).

Have fun.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:02 am

You don't go up to the thing and meele(spelling?) the thing with your bow do you? I'm sure your smart enough not to but otherwise maybe sneak ability would help.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:05 am

Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Agreed with the last poster. One thing I noticed it I couldnt hit ANYTHING up close with a marksman weapon..
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:13 am
Baron

Well, its nice to be able to hit the target from long distances, but once you hit them they come charging over and give you what they've got. Also making this harder is the way the dungeons are set up.

I also was not aware that there was locational damage (at least thats what i gathered from this thread).

I also dont think the strength and such for the wood nymph is as good as other races, would it be a better solution to start out a dark elf or high elf archer instead, and be able to use heavier armor?
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:23 am