Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic 2 - Test Of Fire For Becoming A Mage ??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
hix
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Gothic 2 - Test Of Fire For Becoming A Mage ??

How do u solve the tests of the 3 mages from the HIGH COUNCIL ??
where can i find an empty rune stone ??
I solved the test with the magic stone golem ... how do i solve the other 2 ?PLEASE HELP.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:31 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Blank runestone can be found in the chest in the cave with columns of blue light far north - at the end of path of Innos.
If You want to know about path please use search and type 'path of innos'. It brings few threads where all has been told. You may try the same with 'fire arrow' - this one didn`t check. Good luck and great fun with this almost perfect RPG.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:50 pm
hix
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

i can't seem to find it ... i'm a novice ...so will u pretty pls tell me what is the path of innos ????
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:16 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

First I assume You talked all of them and each gave You his quest. "Path of Innos" is just the name of the quest where You have to follow path with many shrines of Innos by the way that will lead You to the cave on the north-east (on the map its area pass the bridge on the right from black troll). Cave is hidden little behind the bushes and there is a chest with blank runstone - You will see columns of blue light there. This quest strats where Novice Ignaraz waits for You to give You some directions. Leave monastery and he is somewhere on the road to tavern or near Dragomir`s camp - not sure maybe someone else may specify??
Last quest needs you to create your first rune - fire arrow or arrow of fire - not sure cause I played Polish version. Need 1 sulphur and blank runestone from previous quest. How to create it tells You Hyglas - one of the guys in library. Btw I didn`t play mage so about half of these information comes from people on this forum. Thanx guys.
Hope it helps - if not write again.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:39 pm
hix
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

10x man ..you're my savior....
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:53 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Glad I could help but 1 thing I forgot. To learn how to create rune You will need 5 learning points. For every next runestone too.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:03 pm
Deuce
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

On the same thread of inquiry, do you happen to know which mages teach which spells, Bora? I remember Pyrokar or Parlan breaking down which mage specialized in which field, but I can't seem to find anyone to teach me fire spells.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:26 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Parlan teaches 1st 2nd 3rd circle.
Karras 4th and 5th circle.
Pyrokar himself 6th.
Milten teaches 2nd and I suspect that in chapter 6 if naturally You will take him along he may teach sth more. Don`t forget that Vatras can go too and then again maybe in chapter 6 he can teach mages about runes. Last one is just wild guess - as paladin was rather unable to check.
One last thing I add - probably You can`t access every circle in the beginning. Access to the higher is given with the storyline so You can`t right away learn 6th and become dead incarnated.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:33 pm
Deuce
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ahhh, okay, I forgot about Milten. Thanks.
Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:50 pm