Usergroups
Accident
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
Drake14
Brigadier General

Accident

Has any1 ever been in any kind of accident? weather it was a car,train, taxi, or anything else like that.
Post Sun May 02, 2004 10:20 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

The place I come from in the north-east of England (Teesside) used to be (might still be, I'm not sure) the car-crime capital of the country, if not the whole universe. One night, many years ago, I was driving my then-girlfriend home and saw a couple of cars come out of a reidential area and turn onto the road we were on (towards us). The lead car was driving really slowly, and the one behind was swerving left and right, about 6 inches from the lead car's rear bumper, horn a-honkin' and lights a-flashin'. I slowed down, sensing shenanigans, and as we drew closer the lead car flipped on his high beam and turned directly towards me. I couldn't see a thing, and next thing we knew, the car had hit us and then sped away (closely followed by the second car).

Well, I'd stopped by now and I got out of the car to assess the damage. From what little I could see through the glare of the other car's lights, it looked like it'd struck my front wing then bounced off. So there I stood, behind the open driver's door, looking over the top of it to see my almost completely untouched front wing. "Not so bad," I thought, then I closed the door and saw that it, the rear door and the rear wing were all mangled beyond repair. It seems my eyes had deceived me. When I turned round my girlfriend, ever the practical one, was running up the road to get the reg. numbers of both cars. We called the cops, but we knew there was no chance they'd get caught, and it wouldn't have made any difference anyway - this was undoubtedly the work of kids (early-mid teens most likely) and the law in this country can do nothing to control them. Oh yeah, we were unhurt.

Also, when I used to work on construction sites, I once climbed & jumped over a high metal fence (sheer laziness - I couldn't be bothered to walk around)... I was so concerned about avoiding the smaller wooden fence on the other side (so as not to damage my legs and whatnot) that I didn't pay much attention to the bits of sharp steel wire pointing skyward from the top of the high fence - one of which made a nice deep gouge in my head, right between the eyes. Thankfully it healed up nicely, it really wasn't a cool-looking scar.
Post Sun May 02, 2004 10:49 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Sounds like you had an encounter with a couple of drunk drivers. Or they were high. We'll never know.
I haven't been in anything worse than a fender-bender as far as cars go. My friend did accidentally hit me in they eye with a baseball once, though.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Mon May 03, 2004 3:02 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I have to cycle about 16 kilometres to school every day and back. SO, yes I've been in a accident or two.

Once some blind little wimp tried to avoid another car and while doing that he hit me and drove me off the road. I landed in the mud and sank with one feet about 50 centimeters into the slush. I was so pissed (and cold and dirty)and really wanted to punch the guy. He was about 30 centimeters shorter than I and you could almost blow him away. But I restrained myself.

Another time I turned to the left on a crossroad and a car from the left thought he could go behind me. He couldn't!! He hit my bicycle against the rear-wheel and a made a 360 with my bike. I remember that I was a little confused and the first thing I thought was: "I'm going the wrong way " A few seconds later I realised that I was hit and that the rear of my bike was totally demolished.

Both times I came out of it without a scratch, only my bike was broken.
Of course I've also made some stupid moves myself, when I needed to go to school, while it was slippery due to snow and freezing rain. That kind of things.
Post Mon May 03, 2004 11:16 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I've only been in one car accident. I was going through an intersection like normal when someone decided that they didn't have to yield while making a left turn.
Post Mon May 03, 2004 10:27 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I forgot to say that I fell off my skateboard backwards once. I broke my fall with my elbows. They got all bloody and I saw yellow for awhile. I also couldn't hear very well for a short time. I wonder why.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Tue May 04, 2004 2:58 am