Help please lost eye
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
bigkerry
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Help please lost eye

Hi, I visited the blacksmith in jail where he said he could fix the broken amulet. I think it left my inventory when I told him I wanted it fixed. Next I proved his innocence and Hagen let him free and made me a paladin. I went back to the jail cell and the blacksmith was gone, so I found him at the mercenary village. The blacksmith said he had a present for me. I accepted it and it was an amulet of 15 hp. I am a paladin and have paladin armor so he did not give me the mercenary armor. The problem is I never got the eye back that I gave him while he was in jail before I proved he was innocent. When he said I have a gift for you back at the mercenary camp I thought it was the eye, but it was a 15 health amulet. It looks like the eye sort of (the graphic) so I thought it was the eye with a new name.

I assembled all 3 of the mages at the shrine of the sun and they are ready to go, but I don't have the eye of inoruuk. Help please!!!! Does the blacksmith still have it? when he gave me the amulet as a gift I didn't open the dialog again after I closed. I hope I don't have to replay this because I am at the shrine with 3 mages and I am level 23 paladin. I don't have any saved games so I hope I am not screwed. Thanks in advance for the help.

I need to know where the eye is and how I get it back.
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:21 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: Help please lost eye

Welcome to the forums!

quote:
Originally posted by bigkerry
I don't have any saved games so I hope I am not screwed.

For this mistake alone you would deserve to be screwed.

The solution is simple. You have to insert another broken Eye of Innos. I donŽt know the insert code, so youŽll have to wait a bit longer.
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:31 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

First be sure you do NOT have the Eye of Innos.
Then go and speak to the smith you set free ,his name is Bennet.Check if there are options in the dialog as the next:"take a look at this jewlery","can you fix jewls?","have you fixed the Eye of Innos/the amulet/the jewl?"........
If nothing like the above appears go and sleep and check Bennet again.
Try every option in the dialog in order to trigger other options.
If still nothing happens check Xardas,Vardas and Pyrokars dialogs in the Circle of Sun in case of you have received the amulet back and accidently you gived it to the mages for recharging it.

In the worst case go over the places you think you might give it.In fact you may have drop it down or trade it accidently with some trader.

Also DO NOT FORGET to check Bennets inventory.He is a trader so ask him about "forged equipment".
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:39 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Didn't I read somewhere that you can find it again in Xardas' tower with a note about being stupid or something? Not sure, but it's a place to look anyway.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:42 pm
bigkerry
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Still in trouble

Thanks to the replies so far. I still cannot find the eye. I talked to Bennett all options and checked his invenotry (nothing about eye), I talked to all 3 mages at the sun stone all in position (nothing about eye), double checked my inventory, and also went back for several merchants to see if I sold them the eye and I did not.

I guess I need to see if Varthax has it in his castle or if there is a cheat code I can use. Please give me any other options or details about these 2 options because I don't know where to look in Varthax's area or how to add the eye back in using Marvin. Many thanks in advance. I have spent alot of time in the game and have no older saves (I do have 2 saves but they were after I remember losing the eye).

It might be a bug. When I talked to Bennett in jail before I got him freed the dialog came up can you fix it? yes but not here I need to get out of here. I don't remember if I lost the eye at that point while he was in jail. I just don't know. Waving arms in the air frantically and beginning to panic.

Many thanks in advance again.
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:36 pm
bigkerry
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Still in trouble

Thanks to the replies so far. I still cannot find the eye. I talked to Bennett all options and checked his invenotry (nothing about eye), I talked to all 3 mages at the sun stone all in position (nothing about eye), double checked my inventory, and also went back for several merchants to see if I sold them the eye and I did not.

I guess I need to see if Varthax has it in his castle or if there is a cheat code I can use. Please give me any other options or details about these 2 options because I don't know where to look in Varthax's area or how to add the eye back in using Marvin. Many thanks in advance. I have spent alot of time in the game and have no older saves (I do have 2 saves but they were after I remember losing the eye).

It might be a bug. When I talked to Bennett in jail before I got him freed the dialog came up can you fix it? yes but not here I need to get out of here. I don't remember if I lost the eye at that point while he was in jail. I just don't know. Waving arms in the air frantically and beginning to panic.

Many thanks in advance again.
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:39 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Well I strongly recomend you dont use the following codes but anyway I post them.
How to activate marvin mode:During the game press b,type "marvin", press b again and then F2 in order to activate the conslole.While the conslole is activated press "i" and the" item" word appears then typr the following codes:
ITMI_INNOSEYE_BROKEN_MIS = The gem is dull and powerless(the broken eye)
ITMI_INNOSEYE_DISCHARGED_MIS = The eye is faded and does not shine
(the eye after Bennet fixed it)
ITMI_INNOSEYE_MIS = Energy pulses through the Eye

But lets get to your problem now.What I will say sounds boring but give it a try.Look your inventory again to see if you have the Eye in its first status (The gem is dull and powerless).Maybe the Eye in that form doesnt appear in the inventory by the name "Eye of Innos" and you skip it as you search.
Now a few things I want to ask:
Are you sure that you gived the Eye while Bennet was in jail?
Something else that happened during finding the Eye and realized that you dont have it and is worth refering to it?
@jmurdock:If you dont have the Eye the mages still gather in the Circle?
You first find the Eye and then learn about Bennet being in jail?

And two critical questions are you sure you have found the eye and you dont mess it with some other amulet?If you are sure when you talked to Bennet in jail did a message came up to screen "Eye of Innos given"?
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:08 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Well, I know once, when I left the eye with Bennett before talking to Vatras, they gathered. They all acted like I had the eye but I knew Bennett had it. So, it's possible, I think you only have to have gone after the eye and had one of the seekers tell you about the breaking and the quest proceeds. Dalmata I think didn't actually pick up the eye when he went after it til later and his quest proceeded as if he had. The eye might still be at the circle of the sun in this case then.

Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:23 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

quote:
Originally posted by jmurdock
Dalmata I think didn't actually pick up the eye when he went after it til later and his quest proceeded as if he had. The eye might still be at the circle of the sun in this case then.

This is what I also thing as the most logical explanation.
Maybe this is also the explanation of not appearing the phraces I wrote above in the dialog with Bennet.But there is something that doesnt fit to me.
If he hasnt find the Eye Bennet cant have repair it , and he cant report to the mages and Lord Hagen that he fixed the Eye so the mages can proced to the Circle of Fire for the recharging procedure.
What do you think?Can that be the reason or the Eye just disapeared?
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:30 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

True, bigkerry needs the broken eye to finish the quest. Well, chk at circle, if not there search everywhere in Xardas' tower, no clue as to where it could be there, but maybe. Next chk all merchants to make sure you didn't accidently sell it. Except for marvin mode, don't know what else to suggest.

Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:36 pm
bigkerry
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Problem solved

Many thanks to balcony golf. I used the code to get the eye back. I then took it to Bennett where he repaired it and updated my journal. Then the ceremondy worked. Many thanks to all who helped out.
Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:43 pm